PDA

View Full Version : Is this spoiler any good?

L84THSKY
11-26-2004, 11:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7937117551&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

1996 328ti
11-27-2004, 12:25 AM
I think it improves the look. I believe it only fits on the sport bumper.

KIRASIR
11-27-2004, 02:16 AM
That guy seems to be selling the complete OEM M3 bumper with the lip/mesh for 200USD!!!!

It's a steal at that price.
SL

I think it improves the look. I believe it only fits on the sport bumper.

J!m
11-28-2004, 04:26 AM
If it's the real deal, it is indeed a deal. If it's a knock-off, where the useless 'splitter' is part of the bumper cover, then I'd personally shy away. If you just want the look, it looks good enough to fool most people. It does say it's ABS, so that's a good sign in any event...

Do make sure the splitter, moulding and mesh are included in the auction. Those parts alone can run into some cash. Also, there are quite a few mounting brackets behind this cover unique to the sport/M3 cover. If these are included, you have a SCREAMING deal. If not, expect another $100.00 or so for these parts. Also, the plastic covers below the bumper cover are also unique, and most likely not included...

And to address Steve's concern: the cover will fit any bumper. The problem arises when you try to install the LTW splitter, as it attaches to the bumper. The non-sport bumper does not have a provision for the splitter attachment points. The cover will fit fine if the LTW splitter is not used regardless of bumper under the stock cover.