PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!

Ralliart10
09-20-2013, 05:36 AM
Okay I'm confused :confused: Can someone help me out so I bought the center support bearing for my driveshaft. Do I need to buy part number #11 too?
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CG83&mospid=47506&btnr=26_0105&hg=26&fg=10

zoner
09-20-2013, 07:14 AM
No, the center mount generally comes with the bearing installed. If there is a bearing in the unit you bought, you're go to go. It's probably not a bad idea, however, to replace #'s 7, 9, 10, and 13 while you're in there. Also check #1 for wear and replace if cracked or excessively worn.

MAKE SURE you mark both halves of the drive shaft BEFORE you take it apart, so that you reassemble it in the original position. Failure to do this may necessitate re-balancing the drive shaft.

Also make sure you pre-load the center bearing once you have the drive shaft reconnected.

Have fun!

Ralliart10
09-21-2013, 03:00 AM
No, the center mount generally comes with the bearing installed. If there is a bearing in the unit you bought, you're go to go. It's probably not a bad idea, however, to replace #'s 7, 9, 10, and 13 while you're in there. Also check #1 for wear and replace if cracked or excessively worn.

MAKE SURE you mark both halves of the drive shaft BEFORE you take it apart, so that you reassemble it in the original position. Failure to do this may necessitate re-balancing the drive shaft.

Also make sure you pre-load the center bearing once you have the drive shaft reconnected.

Have fun!

Thanks Zoner for the info and I was planning on replacing those parts too. :tongue: