PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Condensation From Defrosting Vents Problem

Lbcnu24
10-01-2013, 04:10 AM
I bought a car that needs total surgery. Everything has got to be replaced... It sat for a very long time.

My problem now is that condensation is heavy. It goes away with A/C on.

I have been refilling radiator with coolant/water over a basic period of time. Somehow, that coolant is leaking somewhere... but I dont know where...

There is no smell of coolant within the car.

The vacuum system for the engine needs redone.

What would cause this condensation and has anybody ever experienced this problem before?

This car puts out pretty good heat... No problem there...

I was thinking that since my vacuum system is shot, that the coolant may get consumed that way, but I am not a novice with Beamers... just am going through the motions until I am really in motion if you know what I mean ha...

Any advice would help y'all... and thanks in advance!

pdxmotorhead
10-01-2013, 05:13 AM
The drains from the sunroof have been known to plug and soak the rear pillars, if the drain on the AC box is plugged you'll get a lot of condensation.

vacume and coolant probably un related.

You can buy UV dye at Autozone for cooling systems and they have a UV led flashlight to find the leak.

Cheers
Dave

Lbcnu24
10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
The drains from the sunroof have been known to plug and soak the rear pillars, if the drain on the AC box is plugged you'll get a lot of condensation.

vacume and coolant probably un related.

You can buy UV dye at Autozone for cooling systems and they have a UV led flashlight to find the leak.

Cheers
Dave

My question is, do you know the diagram that could show me where exactly the plug is on the A/C Box?

And if the rear pillars are soaked... Or plugged, what's the best approach to take care of that?

zoner
10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
The rear hoses coming out of the drain holes in the body (not up at the top of the sunroof) happened to me and caused similar condensation.

Lbcnu24
10-01-2013, 10:42 PM
I will check into that... I was told also that in the front, could be damp beneath the carpet... which is caused by a hose plugged or out of position