PDA

View Full Version : Best floor mats for a TI?

gadgetphreak
12-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Where is the best place to get floor mats for the ti? I live in Seattle area so need something durable, but would like to get something with BMW logo or that is nice looking... Interior is Black/Red. Would prefer carpeted, but would consider a nice set of rubber if they looked good...

Thanks,
Gadget

devilddog88
12-07-2004, 01:41 PM
You can try bavauto (http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp), they got a good variety of floor mats

brucelee
12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
I got a beautiful set of M2 mats on EBAY for $40 plus shipping. They are embroid and much thicker than the OEM mats.

The guy is from South America and sells them all the time, it is his business.

Highly recommended.

gadgetphreak
12-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Do you happen to remember the ID of the seller so I can look it up?

L84THSKY
12-07-2004, 04:30 PM
IMO cloth mats suck. I had Weathertech mats in my Scirocco, they were excellent. I bought rubber mats from Bav Auto two months ago. They work with the floor clips and are Made in Germany, an excellent deal.

I have pics if interested.

I got a beautiful set of M2 mats on EBAY for $40 plus shipping. They are embroid and much thicker than the OEM mats.

The guy is from South America and sells them all the time, it is his business.

Highly recommended.

gadgetphreak
12-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Pics are good...

cali-ti
12-08-2004, 07:34 AM
L84THSKY, let's see those pics! i have the same interior as you, so i'd like to see what they look like in there. i agree with your opinion of cloth mats, not in this climate!

ayton
12-08-2004, 02:58 PM
I have to agree here the rubber BMW mats are the best I put mine in 3 years ago and never looked back the "cloth" mats are jus major pains in the a$$...they rip they get dirty they look like crap. $45.00 bucks and I am happy and they still look great.

cali-ti
12-08-2004, 03:35 PM
do you have a bmw part number or anything? any other parts needed (locking pieces, etc)?

ayton
12-08-2004, 03:59 PM
do you have a bmw part number or anything? any other parts needed (locking pieces, etc)?
I ordered mine from BMPD.com they are on the site I ordered fronts only as my backseat sees little traffic...they came with the floor locks.

L84THSKY
12-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Here is the part# 82 11 1 466 958
This is for the locking mat fastners

I forgot to bring my camera to work, it's a beautiful day on Long Island.
I will take pics of the mats tomorrow.

aceyx
12-09-2004, 12:28 AM
i have the weathertech/cannons in my ti. they hold a crapload of water (i've used a wet/dry to pull out 1/2 gallon from them before) but there's a visible salt line at the edge from spillover.

not the best protection, but it's certainly better than all that going into your carpet.

l84thsky; do the mats leak where the locks go in?

cali-ti
12-09-2004, 03:11 AM
i also have the weathertechs, but they do shift around and stuff. as with aceyx, i have marks on my carpet around the edge of my mats from spillover and such. it would be nice to know not only if they leak around the locks (i'm guessing they seal up there pretty well), but also if you get spillover and such like we've seen with the weathertechs (which do hold a lot of melted snow, etc). you should have some pretty good snows there on long island, right L84THSKY?

gadgetphreak
12-09-2004, 04:38 AM
Clearance on Grey Berber Floor Mats at http://www.BavAuto.com

I was looking at available options for floor mats and saw that Grey Berber floor mats with "318ti" embroidered on them were on clearance at BavAuto. To find them you need to click on New Products in the top menu then scroll down to the clearance section of that page.

They are normally $139.95, on clearance for $95 for a set of 4 (front & back) so if you have a grey interior and want quality carpet floor mats, you might want to check these out...

I ordered the same ones only in Black, mine were full price... sigh...

Gadget

L84THSKY
12-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Here are the pics. The mats are on sale at Bav Auto. They are called All-weather floor mats.

Please excuse the dirty car, I have been more concerned with mods lately, than cleanliness.

Check out my new Blaupunkt MP3 player mounted below the CD Head unit.

L84THSKY, let's see those pics! i have the same interior as you, so i'd like to see what they look like in there. i agree with your opinion of cloth mats, not in this climate!
http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518/DrverMat.JPG http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518/PassengerMat.JPG http://www.geocities.com/triumph1518/RearMat.JPG

I have no idea, since I bought the car in August. I will find out this winter.

I do agree that the weathertechs are excellent, they hold alot of water in those channels.

i have the weathertech/cannons in my ti. they hold a crapload of water (i've used a wet/dry to pull out 1/2 gallon from them before) but there's a visible salt line at the edge from spillover.

not the best protection, but it's certainly better than all that going into your carpet.

l84thsky; do the mats leak where the locks go in?

cali-ti
12-09-2004, 10:28 PM
can't tell for sure from the pic, do the rear mats have lockdowns too? maybe i can mod up the weathertechs to lock 'em down since that's really their weak point (shifting around). i'll have to look into what i can do about that. i'll post what i discover (could be awhile though with the holidays and all). thanks for the pix L84thsky!

btw, what are the dimensions on your mp3 drive? how long is the cable going to the head unit? perhaps you could fit it in the area under the arm rest and route the cable under the center console?

L84THSKY
12-09-2004, 10:44 PM
I did notice that when I took the pics of the rear mats. They do have lock downs, but don't think the floor has the holes for them. I could drill a hole, and screw in the lockdowns.

The MP3 drive is about 7 inches long, by 4 inches wide by 1 inch thick. I don't think the cable will reach all the way to the underbelly of my armrest. Even if it did, it wouldn't fit in the space. I'm seriously considering putting my 3 VDO guages from my Scirocco in the area remaining from my lighter/ashtray relocation. That would be perfect with the MP3 drive just in front of it. Then maybe I can hide the Mp3 cable better.

can't tell for sure from the pic, do the rear mats have lockdowns too? maybe i can mod up the weathertechs to lock 'em down since that's really their weak point (shifting around). i'll have to look into what i can do about that. i'll post what i discover (could be awhile though with the holidays and all). thanks for the pix L84thsky!

btw, what are the dimensions on your mp3 drive? how long is the cable going to the head unit? perhaps you could fit it in the area under the arm rest and route the cable under the center console?

cali-ti
12-09-2004, 11:07 PM
i haven't pulled up the carpet to see if there are any holes to accomodate mat locks, but that would be good to know. although the rear ones probably don't shift around anywhere near as much as the fronts (less traffic and less room to move anywhere).

yeah, that'd work pretty well as you could route the cable up through the same holes you route the cables to the vdo gauges through. should be a slick setup!

when you get a chance, could you measure the width of the rear tray underneath your armrest (no rush!)? i'd like to know if an ipod would fit there :) thanks in advance.

cali-ti
12-10-2004, 06:08 AM
>Here is the part# 82 11 1 466 958
>This is for the locking mat fastners

how many fasteners in a set? how many sets do i need for the pair of front mats?

L84THSKY
12-10-2004, 04:24 PM
The front mats need 4 fastners (2 per mat). Not sure if you buy them in sets, but I bought 4.
You would need another 4 for the rear mats, if you drilled holes for them.

>Here is the part# 82 11 1 466 958
>This is for the locking mat fastners

how many fasteners in a set? how many sets do i need for the pair of front mats?

Jared
01-20-2005, 06:50 PM
FYI, the lockdown latches don't go into any "hole" in the floor... they simply screw into the carpet wherever you choose to place them. Your carpet is nearly an inch thick with the foam backing on it, they just screw into it like a wood screw.

cali-ti
02-02-2005, 03:50 AM
there appears to be more than just the screws in the set according to the picture. can someone confirm?

aladnsane
04-10-2005, 06:27 PM
I have searched all over the net for floor mats with Lock downs on them and I have failed to locate them. I have seen all the websites mentioned here, and most of the photos they display dont show the mats with lock downs on them. Can someone help me locate ACTUAL BMW replacement mats for a 318ti with lock downs?

Thanks

dodj
04-10-2005, 11:53 PM
my ti has the screws to lock the mats down in the rear.

lucky it doesn't get very wet here, but the driver mat has been worn through.

I was going to buy one, but bmw said you can only buy them in a set.... i might just buy a heavier duty mat for the driver side and leave the carpet mats for the rest of the car.

L84THSKY
04-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Look at my pics from a previous message, they show mats with lock downs.
I bought them from Bavarian Auto. They are made in Germany and are a great value.

I have searched all over the net for floor mats with Lock downs on them and I have failed to locate them. I have seen all the websites mentioned here, and most of the photos they display dont show the mats with lock downs on them. Can someone help me locate ACTUAL BMW replacement mats for a 318ti with lock downs?

Thanks