PDA

View Full Version : VA 1995 318ti 5 Speed LSD Supercharged 71k miles

WFO.com
02-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Keeping the car.

740isport
02-07-2014, 06:14 PM
How about some interior AND under hood pictures too?

BRADESTAR
02-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Yes!....+1 for more pictures of Flawless beauty.

Why did your water pump and radiator cost $1700; and pulleys and belts another $900? is that typo? Perhaps I'm confused.

Sounds really nice, but dog-on...

MINIz guy
02-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Looks like a typical BMWCCA classifieds ad.

I think all the maintenance costs included labor. Otherwise this guy is just taking us for a ride claiming how expensive his car is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

1996 328ti
02-07-2014, 07:57 PM
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WFO.com
02-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Yes. Just hit me up at eddie@WFO.com and will send all of those.

WFO.com
02-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Does says OBO on the ad =)

WFO.com
02-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Was a typo. Thanks. I will include all receipts for work done. The car is mint. The price is OBO.

WFO.com
02-07-2014, 10:37 PM

I think all the maintenance costs included labor. Otherwise this guy is just taking us for a ride claiming how expensive his car is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Yes. That was including the labor. Price is 11k OBO. If you got the dough make an offer.

anassa
02-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Oh nice no sunroof. Price seems kinda high especially with the kind of cars you can find in that price range. Good luck with the sale though!

WFO.com
02-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Oh nice no sunroof. Price seems kinda high especially with the kind of cars you can find in that price range. Good luck with the sale though!

Thanks for the feedback. What should I price the car at? It's in mint condition. Someone would really enjoy it.

thanks,

Eddie

1996 328ti
02-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback. What should I price the car at? It's in mint condition. Someone would really enjoy it.

thanks,

EddieI think west coast cars generally get more than east coast cars.
Everyone has a price they are willing to spend.

Personally...
I'd only be looking at Sports so that rules out most.
Being that it's a nice looking 95, $4K-$5K?
Add another $2K for the DASC.
So total maybe $6K-7K.
But that's me. Everyone has a price.
And for that kind of money I'd be looking at an E36 M3.

I'm also guessing it needs rear subframe bushings and a valve cover gasket.
Unless recently replaced, they all do.

You really need to find that person who wants a ti and willing to pay for one in nice condition.
GLWS.

MB560slRed
02-11-2014, 07:43 AM
If I did not already have one, I would consider it. Very nice modified TI, in great condition. Good luck!

anassa
02-11-2014, 08:15 AM
I think west coast cars generally get more than east coast cars.
Everyone has a price they are willing to spend.

Personally...
I'd only be looking at Sports so that rules out most.
Being that it's a nice looking 95, $4K-$5K?
Add another $2K for the DASC.
So total maybe $6K-7K.
But that's me. Everyone has a price.
And for that kind of money I'd be looking at an E36 M3.

I'm also guessing it needs rear subframe bushings and a valve cover gasket.
Unless recently replaced, they all do.

You really need to find that person who wants a ti and willing to pay for one in nice condition.
GLWS.

^^^^ All this, you really are looking for a very specific buyer so you may have to wait longer to sell it.

Most BMW people are spoiled by the usual inline 6 and have not discovered the finer points of a ti espcially one with a DASC, but I do have to say unlike 1996 328ti, I would prefer a 95' base with no sunroof, as it is the least cluttered simplest/lightest model, with the most future swap potential too, being the only year to be OBD1. I don't know numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if it is as rare as Sports if not more considering most ti's had sunroofs and were the active models I think.

anassa
02-11-2014, 08:16 AM
double post sorry.

1996 328ti
02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
but I do have to say unlike 1996 328ti, I would prefer a 95' base with no sunroof, as it is the least cluttered simplest/lightest model, with the most future swap potential too, being the only year to be OBD1. I don't know numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if it is as rare as Sports if not more considering most ti's had sunroofs and were the active models I think.I'd prefer no sunroof also. A Sport doesn't add anything other than cosmetics, suspension and fog lights.

I'm willing to be all non sunroofs where ordered by customers and not a dealer.

Boffalora
02-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Eddie, be on the lookout for someone who wants something different that will differentiate them from the pack. Someone who might otherwise want a customized Mini or Fiat 500. Or, someone who once owned a ti and misses it like crazy. There are fewer and fewer ti's on the road each day, and so our favorite car is going to be more of a rarity, especially in mint or near-mint condition. Don't be in a hurry to sell unless you truly need the money quickly.

I know of at least two very nice stock ti's that have sold for $10K within the past year.

Maybe 318ti.org is not the best place to look for a buyer. :wink:

jca
02-14-2014, 02:07 AM
Sun roof delete and the LSD make it a pretty rare bird.

WFO.com
02-15-2014, 07:19 PM
^^^^ All this, you really are looking for a very specific buyer so you may have to wait longer to sell it.

Most BMW people are spoiled by the usual inline 6 and have not discovered the finer points of a ti espcially one with a DASC, but I do have to say unlike 1996 328ti, I would prefer a 95' base with no sunroof, as it is the least cluttered simplest/lightest model, with the most future swap potential too, being the only year to be OBD1. I don't know numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if it is as rare as Sports if not more considering most ti's had sunroofs and were the active models I think.

Thank you for the education. Decided I am now going to keep it. The car is just too good to let go. Bang for the buck it can't be beat.

WFO.com
02-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Eddie, be on the lookout for someone who wants something different that will differentiate them from the pack. Someone who might otherwise want a customized Mini or Fiat 500. Or, someone who once owned a ti and misses it like crazy. There are fewer and fewer ti's on the road each day, and so our favorite car is going to be more of a rarity, especially in mint or near-mint condition. Don't be in a hurry to sell unless you truly need the money quickly.

I know of at least two very nice stock ti's that have sold for $10K within the past year.

Maybe 318ti.org is not the best place to look for a buyer. :wink:

Thank you for the advice. Have seen the light. Don't need the money. Going to keep it. Love this little car.

WFO.com
02-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Sun roof delete and the LSD make it a pretty rare bird.

So true and glad you pointed that out to me. Going to keep it. Thank you for the head's up.

anassa
02-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Thank you for the education. Decided I am now going to keep it. The car is just too good to let go. Bang for the buck it can't be beat.

Just noticed you also have the mudflaps, I have looked for those for a while and can't find them, so thats another good things.

Honestly, with the DASC, basic suspension, a shorter shift, and just maintenance you got yourself a good fun little car. Don't get caught on the power bug though because you will come back with a hole in your wallet and never fully satisfied, enjoy driving it on some twisties and it will make you smile.