PDA

View Full Version : Mass Air Sensor Question....

ddiorio1313
12-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Well I just got off the phone with my mechanic and supposedly the baffling in the air filter box disintgrated and went up the intake and melted on the Mass Air Sensor. I tried to do a part search for this item and I can't find one. I just want to make sure that my mechanic is not overchargeing for the part and or labor. This is what I am having done:

New Spark Plugs
New Air Filter
2 new Belts
New Battery - Interstate
New Fuel Filter
New Mass Air Sensor
Checking over other various things to make sure they are up to snuff

The Grand Total is going to be $850.00 pls Tax. Does this seem reasonable to everyone.

BMWDRIFTER
12-22-2004, 04:27 AM
The Air Mass Meter Is $306 On Line , The Battery Should Be Around $95, Plugs $5 Each, Good Belts Around $30 Each. It Is A Reasonable Price.

ddiorio1313
12-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks alot for your help. I feel better about the price now. It is just soooo much right before the holidays!

Cristian G in Oz
12-22-2004, 10:47 PM
After what you've said about the foam in the airbox I checked mine and although it was still intact, it had started to break down so that when I touched it it just crumbled out.

I pulled all the stuff out of the lid of the airbox, cut off all the support frame from the tube into the intake, and dropped the tube back into the airbox. This way the air has a nice smooth entry into the intake to the MAF, but I don't have any of teh foam problems.

I will pull the rest of the crap out of the bottom of the airbox tomorrow before before heading away for the break.

Thanks once again.

Gorto

ddiorio1313
12-23-2004, 01:19 AM
I was reading and some individuals said they noticed a slight increase in power, plus a nicer intake sound. I think the intake sound may just make you feel like you increased your power.... I will see when I get my car back, but then it will have just got a tune up and all the other stuff done I listed above....