PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Coolant Fitting - Crank No Start

bmwme
10-04-2014, 04:48 AM
So I just finished replacing my coolant fittings under the lower intake. If that wasn't fun enough, after I plugged everything back in I have crank but no start.

I had replaced the cam sensor so I went back to the original, same. I checked that each plugged is back in. Has anyone ever damaged wiring while doing this or is there somthing that is often missed?

I had the battery disconnected, would the DME and EWS freak out? What am I missing?

1997 318ti, manual

Thanks
Jeff

bmwme
10-04-2014, 06:17 AM
No spark and seems like no fuel. I put 12v to the fuel pump and it is pressurizing the system so it isn't the pump.What does EWS do?

Continuity tests from DME through all the wiring through the intake are ok. Crank position sensor is 590-600 ohms...what is it supposed to be?

This car drove into the garage and now it won't start, so I know all was working fine.

bmwme
10-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Nothing huh?

1996 328ti
10-06-2014, 09:45 PM
It worked before and now doesn't.
Retrace your steps. Sounds like something is not connected.

I've forgotten to connect things.

Disconnecting battery won't cause a problem to the DME.
The EWS will prevent you from starting the car if the key doesn't match the car.
I'm sure I've over simplified that.

bmwme
10-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Okay well it was I thought and not the obvious which was I messed somthing up while I was in there. The crank sensor somehow failed while it was up on Jack stands. Unbelievable. Replaced it last night and it fired right up.