PDA

View Full Version : cd changer, plz help

barische
12-31-2004, 03:34 AM
my parents bought me a sony cd changer CDX-454RF and it came with bunch of cables and stuff. my car is 1997 so it says pre-wired on hte right side of the trunk so i opened the cushioning and there was no wires all the wires are goin to speakers on top. so i dont know where to look at, i dont even nothing about car stereo's is it possible for me to install the cd changer. i looked at the forum at unofficalbmw website and it tells u about the bracket number. is that the one i need or i need different ones.
can u guys tell me what parts i need and where to install this changer.
thanks

1996 328ti
12-31-2004, 04:01 AM
The wires are on the left side.

barische
12-31-2004, 04:01 AM
i found the wires, they are at left side i found 2 small ones and a one big wiht like 8-10 wires goin to to it i m not sure if that ones is for cd changer, can u guys help me anything would be usefel, thanks.

Tyler
12-31-2004, 04:19 AM
There should be a wire thats disconnected,mine was wrapped up. Just hook your adapter up to the end of that wire and you should be good,if you don't need an adapter just hook it right up. There should be just one loose wire under there.

barische
12-31-2004, 04:52 AM
well there is one wire wiht cd changer written on it and it has the black plug wiht 6 tiny holes and then there is another one next to that one with white plug wiht 3 tiny holes. but the cd changer has its own remote and it has connection for power.
dont i have to wire it seperately for power. im really lost. does anybody know a good car audio shop around in burlington county, new jersey. it would be niec if close to maple shade, cinnaminson. or should i just take the car to the bmw dealer. would they hook up the cd changer. and how much woulod that cost me if they would hook it up. thanks for the hlep.

barische
01-02-2005, 11:05 PM
does anyone know where i can get a adapter.
anyone also knows the numbers of the adapter and what kind, i dont know much about electronics.

aceyx
01-03-2005, 06:48 AM
okay, first, i'm not even sure you can find an adaptor for this changer. i know a company called peripheral makes adaptors for pioneer and alpine changers (since only the OE changers will directly plug in) but i don't recall anything for sony. you're going to have to do your own research for this. do you have the OE alpine head unit?

your best bet is to call a company called autotoys. while i don't know their exact location, i know they are in the ny metro area, and have a great deal of experience installing into 3ers.

use the bracket that ron stygar (unofficialbmw) recommends. you will have to drill your own holes for it to fit the changer, but it's very easy if you use a template which you make from the changer itself. the bolts themselves are somewhat of a pain (strange angles) and cutting the carpet is scary, but very easy (use a very sharp utility knife).

barische
01-04-2005, 02:12 AM
ok thanks for ur help, but i have anothre question. i found another bracket, which is long and thin and 10-12 red wires are connected to it. is this bracket or plug in any way related to the sound system or the changer. it is located down more and closer to the taillights.