PDA

View Full Version : Ti Track day perhaps?

wolferj-RIP
11-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Suppose I wanted to host a track day for 318ti.org members only?

Suppose, if there was enough interest, that the cost could be very reasonable (for a full track day)...

This could be an event for any experience level, from first timers to experienced HPDE'ers.

I would guess we would need a commitment for at least 10 people, but a max of 20 for a balanced ratio of cost to fun...

What say you, NorCal members?

E36 TI-M
11-12-2014, 02:28 AM
What track do you have in mind James? T hill?

Are we renting the whole track for ourselves or will be running with other group?

I've been itching to go to the track and test out the new car :)

Sign me up,

wolferj-RIP
11-12-2014, 04:04 AM
This would be for Thunderhill West, and would just us as a group, no other crew.

Coyoteh
11-12-2014, 04:48 AM
Depending on the cost, I'd probably be down!

Edit: Looked up Thunderhill's pricing, probably not something I could afford at the moment.

1996 328ti
11-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Does the track require insurance?

E36 TI-M
11-13-2014, 02:34 AM
This would be for Thunderhill West, and would just us as a group, no other crew.

so that means only the 2 mile configuration? are you thinking of doing it next year?

BlackBMWs
11-13-2014, 03:12 AM
James, when are you thinking? If I can make the date, I'm in. What would the vehicle requirements be?

Rich :cool:

wolferj-RIP
11-13-2014, 04:44 AM
James, when are you thinking? If I can make the date, I'm in. What would the vehicle requirements be?

Rich :cool:

Vehicle requirements would be basic, I have a standard track tech sheet most anyone could meet.

so that means only the 2 mile configuration? are you thinking of doing it next year?

I am going to make it as soon as feasible, hopefully within 90 days or so..

Depending on the cost, I'd probably be down!

Edit: Looked up Thunderhill's pricing, probably not something I could afford at the moment.

They are running some great specials for "off season" which is much less than their standard quoted rates. If I'm right, I can make it so most can afford it.

Does the track require insurance?

I don't think they would require me (or any event organizer) to carry a track insurance, but I will be talking to them soon, so I'll have more details shortly...

The new 2 mile course has 10 corners including a carousel, 2 hairpins, elevation changes and esses. It favors a better handling car over just a high horsepower car. It has been compared to a Nationals level style Auto-X course but with elevation and pitch changes. It's challenging, but still very fun to drive.

This may not work out, but I am going to do my best to host this for the .org crew.

BlackBMWs
11-13-2014, 05:03 AM
Sounds cool. I'll call John to make me a better rear strut bar. :cool:

clex2
11-14-2014, 01:24 AM
I have done a few of these "private" track days. If you get a ti group going, I would definitely be up for that. I am typically the only ti at almost every track day I go to. I'd love to run with other ti's.

Chris

Strawman
12-24-2014, 02:14 AM
James, put me down for two drivers (my wife and I) in our 318ti -- I'm gonna give a track day to her for Xmas. She's done a few autocrosses and has expressed an interest in a track day. So I gotta commit her before she changes her mind!!!

Aaron_497
12-24-2014, 05:31 PM
I'd be down, let me know the date and price. I've never driven on a track before I think it will be a great experience especially doing it with other ti's

Strawman
12-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Update: put us down for two drivers in two cars (an M52-swapped 318ti and a Z3 M Roadster). Any dates yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strawman
03-14-2015, 05:29 AM
Hi James, bumping this to the top...