PDA

View Full Version : Testing the waters

Popeye
12-29-2014, 02:35 PM
I am seriously contemplating of letting the ghost free. So checking the waters to see if there are any takers for my Silver exterior, Black interior, leather '96 Auto 318ti. it has 395k on the clock and has the original drive train (engine/tranny etc.). Most of this is highway cruising as I drive 200k to work daily.

Issues: Brakes needs attention / rear right speaker / radio antenna replaced (Original included) / exhaust hangers need work / rust in following locations (wheel wells, jack points, small patch on tail gate
& hood) ABS needs to be looked at (I run with the #38 fuse removed).

Everything else works as they should. it is my daily driver and still gives me 8 lit/100km on regular. It has had 3-5k oil changes, consistently. As recommended I have not touched the tranny. Many parts have been replaced as maintenance. See my build thread for more info. It will come with 2 sets of 16" 3 series wheels, summer (good), winter (rears need replacing) and a 15" set (tires are no good). Will also add 6 spare new oil filters.

In my thinking this is either a project for an enthusiast or a parts car for all. Not interested in fedexing/ups/Posting stuff, hence the Canadian section post. If you feel you can take advantage of this opportunity as a whole post up/IM me and the highest bidder gets it.

If not post up your wish list of parts and I will let you know when I park it for good and the picking can begin. The shell I will let the local scrapper haul away.

Sad but the time is near, PM for pics.

BlackBMWs
12-30-2014, 04:09 AM
I believe you are reporting kilometers. So, in conversion to miles, if anyone is interested, that would be 245k miles. Still should have lotsa miles left in it. My Auto Active 95 has 381k miles on the M42. :rolleyes:

Is the speedometer in Kilometers per hour? GLWTS! :cool:

Popeye
12-30-2014, 10:37 AM
Confirming what BlackBMWs said. Roughly 245k miles. Yes, the speedometer is in km/hour.