PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area meetup, spring 2015 planning

Coyoteh
03-22-2015, 02:48 AM
Spring is here, how about another meet? :biggrin:

Perhaps sometime in April? In Vallejo of course.
What works for all of you?

wolferj-RIP
03-22-2015, 06:51 AM
Yep, it's that time again!

Any Saturday or Sunday in April is good for me...

We can meet and grill at my place, lots of space (no need to worry about poorly marked parking... :) ), and we can wrench, too...

Who's in?

E36 TI-M
03-22-2015, 07:52 AM
how about in my new house?

i live in a cul de sac, so lots of parking available! :)

however, i dont have a grill yet

BlackBMWs
03-22-2015, 07:53 AM
18 or 25 looks to work for me. Thanks Jamie for getting us started. :cool:

adamb
03-23-2015, 08:01 AM
Sadly I won't be able to make it out this time. I just moved out to Texas for work. I was able to see Rich before I left. (Thanks again for all the help!)

I expect to see lots of great pics guys!

BlackBMWs
03-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Sadly I won't be able to make it out this time. I just moved out to Texas for work. I was able to see Rich before I left. (Thanks again for all the help!)

I expect to see lots of great pics guys!

My pleasure buddy, Didja catch lotsa sun on the way down? All work OK? :cool:

adamb
03-23-2015, 08:05 AM
I enjoyed all three modes. But full open was used the most. Everything is working great still =)

BlackBMWs
03-23-2015, 08:23 AM
I enjoyed all three modes. But full open was used the most. Everything is working great still =)

Sweet, just keep the Alcantra thickness and slickness in mind. :cool:

Coyoteh
03-23-2015, 01:40 PM
18 or 25 looks to work for me.
Those dates sound good for me, how about everyone else?

jggonzalez
03-28-2015, 07:11 PM
Count me it! My daughter wants to come too. I'll see if I can figure out something to bring!

BlackBMWs
03-29-2015, 03:02 AM
Jamie, I remember you wanted a replacement clock, Was there anything else you needed? :cool:

BlackBMWs
03-29-2015, 03:03 AM
Count me it! My daughter wants to come too. I'll see if I can figure out something to bring!

Very cool... See you there!:cool:

wolferj-RIP
03-29-2015, 03:44 AM
Either date works, Let's pick a one!

Coyoteh
03-29-2015, 04:08 AM
Jamie, I remember you wanted a replacement clock, Was there anything else you needed? :cool:
My clock actually started working fine again, so I'll hold off on that but thanks!

Coyoteh
03-29-2015, 04:23 AM
Rich, I also still have some vinyl for the B-pillars if you still need it. Additionally, I have just a single door piece of M-tech molding but I need to get it out of storage and check which side it is, if you're still looking for a set. I don't have the other pieces unfortunately, just the door.

BlackBMWs
03-29-2015, 09:48 PM
Jamie, I could use both for Wifie's car. I need the passenger side M Trim. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E36 TI-M
04-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Those dates sound good for me, how about everyone else?

im free on the 18th

BlackBMWs
04-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Jamie, how bout we settle on the 18th? Now where?

Coyoteh
04-06-2015, 04:36 AM
18th it is, then!

BlackBMWs
04-06-2015, 04:44 AM
Cool, Thanks Jamie!

Are we driving, working on cars, eating, part swap, photos or all of the above? :cool:

Coyoteh
04-06-2015, 05:21 AM
All of the above, as long as we don't have to waste time tracking down a tow yard with no published address and who doesn't answer their phones :tongue:

wolferj-RIP
04-06-2015, 05:23 AM
Ok, let's make it all of the above! Do we want to meet at my place or at Johns new place?

E36 TI-M
04-06-2015, 06:46 AM
My place is open lots of room to wrench and work on cars. Parking wont be a problem this time.

The only thing i dont have is a grill. Maybe someone can bring one? Lol

BlackBMWs
04-06-2015, 07:16 AM
All of the above, as long as we don't have to waste time tracking down a tow yard with no published address and who doesn't answer their phones :tongue:

Jamie, that was fun tho... Zipping around like a scavenger hunt of sorts... But yes, lets opt not to do it that same way...

Ok, let's make it all of the above! Do we want to meet at my place or at Johns new place?

I'm good either way. Maybe we can plan what we're wrenching on to ensure we have the right tools and parts. Crazy thought... :rolleyes: I'm up for a Detailing session.

I'm good with John's place as long as it's easy to find for folks coming over.

My place is open lots of room to wrench and work on cars. Parking wont be a problem this time.

The only thing i dont have is a grill. Maybe someone can bring one? Lol

If we go that route, I can prolly pull one of the Marine grills from the boat or look for a small propane grill in storage. Not sure if it has a regulator tho. We'll figure something out.

So far:

Coyteh
E36 TI-M
WolfERJ
Jggonzalez
BlackBMWs
Artem
Erikerikerik
Kilijan

Anyone else? Where's Artem nowadays? I can ring him this week. :cool:

Coyoteh
04-06-2015, 10:15 AM
In a couple days when I have time I'll start sending out PM's to some of the other locals.

I might also have a friend interested in stopping by, he doesn't have a ti but is potentially a future owner. Cool with everyone if he tags along in a crazy LS-swapped 1960's Rambler wagon? :tongue:

BlackBMWs
04-06-2015, 11:37 PM
Isn't a 60's Rambler an American TI? With the LS, it's like a S52 in it. [emoji41]

MERTM5
04-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Sorry guys. Not gonna make it. Heading out to Mfest that weekend. Thanks for the invite. Maybe next meet we 'll meet up at my shop in Benicia. Have fun!

AnuketTi
04-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the Invite guys - sadly I am attending a wedding in 1/2 Moon Bay that weekend :(

Artem
04-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Woo! I'm in - would be great to devote some time to sort out the car + hang with you fellas before a track day at Thunderhill in June. :)

erikerikerik
04-08-2015, 09:18 PM
I'll bring the beater on over!
Now I just need to finish up a few things.

Kilijan
04-09-2015, 05:33 PM
I'll be stopping by as well. I won't be driving the ti, but I can bring it on the trailer if people want to pull parts. I'll make a separate post for the part out so I don't hijack this one.

1997 S52 powered 318ti - Crashed (https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/C1B8rUG248gkTsA)

Artem
04-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Do you happen to have the cluster working properly? I may be interested in that depending on what you did to it... :)

Cheers,
Artem

erikerikerik
04-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Thats you!? :p I was just talking to you on facebook last night.

I'll let you try and match this screen name to my name on facebook.

Kilijan
04-09-2015, 06:05 PM
I'll bring some of my parts tubs as well. I've got multiple clusters, and otherwise useful stuff that would be annoying to list individually.

I actually spoke to an Erik and an Eric last night, but I can guess that you're Erik, not Eric based on the SN. :biggrin:

BlackBMWs
04-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Mert, Michael, we'll catch up you with you next time..

Chris, looking forward to meeting you. 97 with a S52? [emoji57]

Coyoteh
04-10-2015, 04:20 AM
I'll be stopping by as well. I won't be driving the ti, but I can bring it on the trailer if people want to pull parts.
I don't think anyone will object, that might be pretty cool!
I'm the one who asked about the hatch struts :smile:

wolferj-RIP
04-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Did I miss it or have we not chosen whether it is at John's new place or at mine? I'm open either way..

Coyoteh
04-10-2015, 05:38 AM
No we haven't chosen yet. I'm up for whatever!

Also haven't figured out time yet. I could get there probably around 3pm but everyone is welcome to start things earlier than that!

BlackBMWs
04-10-2015, 06:03 AM
If we are going to turn wrenches, among other things, is 10 to early? Time will go quick as they always do.

John, will your new neighbors freak out if 8 of us plus a trailer show up in your cul de sac?

E36 TI-M
04-10-2015, 06:31 AM
If we are going to turn wrenches, among other things, is 10 to early? Time will go quick as they always do.

John, will your new neighbors freak out if 8 of us plus a trailer show up in your cul de sac?

No they wont. We have lots of room to play :)

Im ok to start around 10-11

erikerikerik
04-10-2015, 06:54 AM
oh my oh my...

BlackBMWs
04-10-2015, 07:50 AM
John, where do you live nowadays? :cool:

E36 TI-M
04-12-2015, 11:00 AM
John, where do you live nowadays? :cool:

Still in vallejo. Near American canyon side

Coyoteh
04-12-2015, 02:09 PM
I've sent out the address to everyone who has confirmed in this thread. If anyone needs it, PM me!

wolferj-RIP
04-13-2015, 01:26 AM
Ok, so is this going to be a wrenching meet, a detailing meet or just a eating meet?

BlackBMWs
04-13-2015, 02:55 AM
I figured I'd help he (or she) who needs it, have a bite and take a few pics. I might adjust the height of the COs. You know I don't wash my cars... :rolleyes:

I will bring my detail case and orbital in case I get inspired. :cool:

erikerikerik
04-13-2015, 03:56 AM
I'm wrenching as much as I can before the meet!

But some tlc could never hurt anything.

BlackBMWs
04-13-2015, 05:11 AM
I'm wrenching as much as I can before the meet!

Did you figure out your rear coilovers?

John: Is there any shade to work under at your new place? :cool:

E36 TI-M
04-13-2015, 05:18 AM
I figured I'd help he (or she) who needs it, have a bite and take a few pics. I might adjust the height of the COs. You know I don't wash my cars... :rolleyes:

I will bring my detail case and orbital in case I get inspired. :cool:

rich, i still need help on wiring the AE to ignition :)

E36 TI-M
04-13-2015, 05:19 AM
Anyone can work inside the garage. Or i can put up my big canopy on the drive way.

I have about 3 of them

BlackBMWs
04-13-2015, 05:20 AM
rich, i still need help on wiring the AE to ignition :)

I'll bring my tools. I'll drop you a PM on wire and sheathing I'd recommend. We'll work that together. :cool:

Everybodies Sunroofs working OK? Adam and I got to assemble and disassemble a few a few weeks ago for his car.

Coyoteh
04-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Anyone experienced with exhaust manifold gaskets? I could probably use some help with that, but I imagine there wouldn't be enough time since I'll be arriving there later.

BlackBMWs
04-13-2015, 05:35 AM
Anyone experienced with exhaust manifold gaskets? I could probably use some help with that, but I imagine there wouldn't be enough time since I'll be arriving there later.

Jaime, Upper or lower? What's up with your Exhaust manifold?

Thinking about it, I will want to do a compression check on the Cali. Prep for another project.

John, how many floor jacks / Jackstands do you have? :cool:

E36 TI-M
04-13-2015, 05:41 AM

John, how many floor jacks / Jackstands do you have? :cool:

i got 8 jack stands and about 4 floor jacks

i got NO air compressor yet, so all will be by hand unless you bring a compact one :wink:

Coyoteh
04-13-2015, 06:07 AM

Upper, it developed a nasty exhaust leak and I traced it to the gaskets (which I already have, just need to install them).

BlackBMWs
04-13-2015, 06:43 AM
Upper, it developed a nasty exhaust leak and I traced it to the gaskets (which I already have, just need to install them).

Start hitting the manifold nuts with PBBlaster this week to let them start penetrating. Do you have spare nuts and studs as well? Good to have on hand along with some copper antiseize for reinstall,

Ok, so is this going to be a wrenching meet, a detailing meet or just a eating meet?

Looks like simple wrenching and tuning. Probably shameless photos too... Simple food and drink, although I won't stand in the way if someone brings that Blue Cheese Mac and cheese again. What about teriyaki chicken burgers? or Tri Tip on Hawaiian bread? Easy to make and Costco sourced. Might be warm this weekend, so stuff to keep folks hydrated while still seeing straight. Not 10 cases of beer like last time for 8 of us. :cool:

Coyoteh
04-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Start hitting the manifold nuts with PBBlaster this week to let them start penetrating. Do you have spare nuts and studs as well? Good to have on hand along with some copper antiseize for reinstall,

I do have the nuts and studs as well!

wolferj-RIP
04-13-2015, 07:02 AM
Ok, food, drinks, and tools... got it!

I need to do sway bars and brakes on Max, so wrenching it is...

Sorry, but I am not dragging my 22 gal compressor to John's place, so that means manual tools...

E36 TI-M
04-13-2015, 07:05 AM

Sorry, but I am not dragging my 22 gal compressor to John's place, so that means manual tools...

Battery powered toold will work. Haha! Yours are strong enoug

By the way, are we good on the grill? Whos bringing?

wolferj-RIP
04-13-2015, 07:08 AM
You need to make a trip to Home Depot and get a griil... :) you live in a house now, it's a rite of passage!

E36 TI-M
04-13-2015, 07:21 AM
Wife wants to build a deck this summer with that built in type of grill.

But i guess i can get a cheap charcoal one for the meantime. Lol

BlackBMWs
04-13-2015, 07:35 AM
I do have the nuts and studs as well!

Good deal, start soaking the rusted, stubborn exhaust nuts with PB Blaster overnight a few nights in a row before we meet. Homework: Confirm if there is a pattern for removal and reinstallation and wet torque settings Jaime...

I have a couple of battery impacts, I'll bring extra batteries and a charger. I'll throw in a 1/2" breaker bar, small, portible floor jack and a few stands.

Did Max break his sway bar mounts?

Battery powered toold will work. Haha! Yours are strong enoug

By the way, are we good on the grill? Whos bringing?

You need to make a trip to Home Depot and get a griil... :) you live in a house now, it's a rite of passage!

Haha! Too true. Turning tools too! My TI is starting to fill up. I'll bring things to put on said grill. Heck, I can grill mine ahead of time. :cool:

Ice chest with Ice?

Teriyaki chicken and buns - Rich

Where is our new friend who's BF has a friend with a submarine Jeep? :rolleyes:

Oh, add a rear speaker repair for Trixie.

erikerikerik
04-13-2015, 08:00 PM
I can also bring my battery tools. However my angle grinder is corded.

I was thinking of picking up a power bleeder...this might be a great moment to pick one up from ECS.

As for food...
How many people and what can I bring?

jggonzalez
04-13-2015, 08:58 PM
I can bring something too. Maybe something for dessert?

wolferj-RIP
04-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Good deal, start soaking the rusted, stubborn exhaust nuts with PB Blaster overnight a few nights in a row before we meet. Homework: Confirm if there is a pattern for removal and reinstallation and wet torque settings Jaime...

I have a couple of battery impacts, I'll bring extra batteries and a charger. I'll throw in a 1/2" breaker bar, small, portible floor jack and a few stands.

Did Max break his sway bar mounts?

Haha! Too true. Turning tools too! My TI is starting to fill up. I'll bring things to put on said grill. Heck, I can grill mine ahead of time. :cool:

Ice chest with Ice?

Where is our new friend who's BF has a friend with a submarine Jeep? :rolleyes:

Oh, add a rear speaker repair for Trixie.

Blue Mac & Cheese - James

No broken swaybar mounts, just beefier mcoupe swaybars I want to install..

adamb
04-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Really guys?! You have to plan a fix it meet AFTER I move?! Gah! Anyways I'll be there in spirit. Y'all better take plenty of shameless pics for me.

jggonzalez
04-13-2015, 09:25 PM
How many people are we expecting?

wolferj-RIP
04-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Really guys?! You have to plan a fix it meet AFTER I move?! Gah! Anyways I'll be there in spirit. Y'all better take plenty of shameless pics for me.

Um, we are expecting you to get back out here to join us! It's only a 25 hour drive, right?

adamb
04-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Yea I just did that drive 3 time in the last two weeks! First time to move to Texas second time to go back to dmv to replace a stolen id then back to Texas.

wolferj-RIP
04-13-2015, 09:32 PM
How many people are we expecting?

8 to 10, I believe, Jaime (coyoteh) should have the final count.

Yea I just did that drive 3 time in the last two weeks! First time to move to Texas second time to go back to dmv to replace a stolen id then back to Texas.

Ugh, that's lousy... Hope all is well in Texas!

Strawman
04-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Bummer, I won't be able to make it this year. Have fun!

adamb
04-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Working at Dallas international is quite the experience.

jggonzalez
04-14-2015, 08:37 AM
My daughter and I will bring homemade cookies for dessert!

EviesToy
04-15-2015, 01:41 AM
Hey guys, can't make it. Wanted to, even though no progress on the car (its turned into a weekend project type :frown:). Wanted to meet people and pick the multiple brains.

Vallejo is kinda far to go in the jeep (we live past Gurneville)... and of course he's already made plans for Saturday.

(btw the submarine is about 80% road ready again)

Maybe next time, it will happen at some point. Have fun and hopefully no towing mis-adventures this time! :biggrin:

BlackBMWs
04-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Hi Evie! Next time, no worries. You can still post your questions if it will help you get back on the road.

Jamie, you should be hitting your exhaust manifold nuts with PB Blaster these next couple of evenings. for Saturday. You, me and maybe James if he's game can swap the gasket.

John, pick up a10a external in line fuse holder and a few 10a fuses for your AE work.

Joe I have the rear speakers for you for replacement from my parts bin.

I'll bring a laptop to reset service indicators and to read any service codes. John, do you have a long extension cord handy? Also, did you get a grill?

You might want to bring a folding chair for yourself for kicking back on the lawn, unless we can convince John's wife to let us drag their couch and loveseat out on the lawn.

Anyone bringing drinks or is it BYOD?

Anybody coming that is good with electrical systems on the cars? I have a few questions.

Aside from John's request for a hood, and Joe for speakers, everybody ok otherwise with parts? Sorry John, if you need the hood, you gotta come up, it won't fit in my hatch. [emoji12]

See you all on Saturday. [emoji41]

wolferj-RIP
04-16-2015, 05:15 PM
I could use a replacement sunroof motor cover... mine has all the tabs broken.

BlackBMWs
04-16-2015, 05:53 PM
James, what color interior?

wolferj-RIP
04-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Black is preferred, but any color will do, I can color/recover it..

BlackBMWs
04-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Ok, I have one for you. I'll bring it

wolferj-RIP
04-16-2015, 06:14 PM
You're the best, Rich!

BlackBMWs
04-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Haha! Tell all your friends!

wolferj-RIP
04-16-2015, 06:47 PM
I can grab a case of waters to bring, also...

BlackBMWs
04-16-2015, 06:48 PM
That's cool, thanks! Anyone else besides James, Joe and I bringing eats?

roadrash
04-16-2015, 07:34 PM
I could use a replacement sunroof motor cover... mine has all the tabs broken.
Mine is missing a tab or two. I'm planning to try velcro-ing it to the motor once I put the headliner back in. Just a thought. :-)

Also...

You guys need to find me a job out there so I can move out there and then come to these meetings! :biggrin:

Coyoteh
04-17-2015, 12:15 AM
I'll bring some soda if that's cool!

Coyoteh
04-17-2015, 02:04 AM
Jamie, you should be hitting your exhaust manifold nuts with PB Blaster these next couple of evenings. for Saturday. You, me and maybe James if he's game can swap the gasket.

I'll be arriving around 3:30 I think, will that be enough time to do it? It'll probably need time to cool off beforehand as well.

BlackBMWs
04-17-2015, 02:18 AM
Prolly cool by 5-5:30. Cutting it close for available light.

BlackBMWs
04-17-2015, 02:20 AM
I'll bring some soda if that's cool!

Jamie, that'll be good for other folks. I'll be doing plain or Coconut water. I have a supply. (Low/no sugar) for me

Coyoteh
04-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Prolly cool by 5-5:30. Cutting it close for available light.

Ok! I'll try to be closer to 3pm but not sure about my schedule. If we can't get to it that's fine.

BlackBMWs
04-17-2015, 02:35 AM
Ok! I'll try to be closer to 3pm but not sure about my schedule. If we can't get to it that's fine.

If it doesn't work out, come up to Sac and we'll get it done. :cool:

E36 TI-M
04-17-2015, 05:47 AM
I got lots of folding charis so we are good on that.

Also, i was asked to work at the last minute saturday night.

Need to leave tge house by 6:30 but you guys are welcome to stay if work needs to get done.

Hopefully by tomorrow i can buy a small grill?

What are we grilling anyway? Hahaha.

Kilijan
04-17-2015, 04:29 PM
I'll bring something to grill, just not sure what yet. I can also bring a grill if needed. I have a Webber and charcoal I haven't used in about four years.

What is the planned arrival time?

E36 TI-M
04-18-2015, 12:34 AM
What time is everybodu coming?

basanis
04-18-2015, 12:48 AM
Hi All,
My name is srini. I am friend of Rich ( BlackBMWs). I will be coming with Rich and joining you guys tomorrow.
I will bring chips

Blue Mac & Cheese - James
Chips - Srini

wolferj-RIP
04-18-2015, 02:30 AM
Welcome Srini! Look forward to meeting you tomorrow!

John, is 10am start time too early?

E36 TI-M
04-18-2015, 03:13 AM
10am is fine. Come and help me setup the canopy :)

erikerikerik
04-18-2015, 04:26 AM
So... this just happened.
:mad:

Augh, I might made scientist this thingy back together to make the meet.

Or just come in a non Ti.

wolferj-RIP
04-18-2015, 04:28 AM
Bummer... Just come either way if you can't mad-scientist it..

John, of course I'll help with the canopy...

BlackBMWs
04-18-2015, 05:08 AM
Erik, is this off a M42?

erikerikerik
04-18-2015, 05:18 AM
Yup.

I was going to re-compress it, place back onto the block and pray to the bmw gods that it holds together.

Erik, is this off a M42?

Artem
04-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Sorry I was a bit absent - super busy this week, I could use the windshield washer hose if anyone has some, with maybe a few couplings, and heated washer nozzles... Maybe some big wrenches for making sure my rear suspension Is tight. I also have a cel that I would love to smoke out, running a tad lean but just put a brand new valvecover on it! Not really sure what else, I'll try to bring a box of parts I have with me as well if anyone can use something... Holler at me if anyone needs anything from Costco or something, or if you guys want beers, I wasnt going to drink any myself, but i have a bunch lying around here :)

Anyway, see you guys tomorrow! I'll try and get there on the earlier side

BlackBMWs
04-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Artem, how big of wrenches we talking? 21/22mm or larger?

Costco: maybe some Fuji Apples.

I'm stopping at a pick n pull on the way down. I'll see if I can score some nozzles. I'd just get new hose for the windshield washers. Original will be old and brittle.

E36 TI-M
04-18-2015, 03:31 PM
I got wrenches up to 25mm. :)

Kilijan
04-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Looks like I'll be there about 12:00. Trailer has a flat.

Artem
04-18-2015, 07:54 PM
I'll be there probably around 1-2, maybe I should stop at a orileys or something and get a small hose, although that plastic line is usually pretty sturdy :)

Artem
04-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Sounds good about the wrenches! It's to just ensure subframe is tight on there

erikerikerik
04-19-2015, 04:54 AM
A few links to some stuff I talked about
E30 / Z3 / Ti Camber Caster weld in service (http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/adjustable-e30-rear-subframe-brackets)

Pc-7 epocy (http://www.pcepoxy.com/our-products/paste-epoxies/pc-7.php) its amazing stuff.

3 spoke sport wheels (http://realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=CB31&mospid=47444&hg=32)

Butt Strut (http://www.strong-strut.com/Butt-Strut.htm)

And of course strut bars (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KtHigmgp9A) And why I like the solid ones without any articulated parts.

BlackBMWs
04-19-2015, 05:39 AM
Good seeing you all today! John, thanks for hosting, Chris for bringing parts to us and lending a hand fixing stuff. Srini, thanks for cooking for us all today and loved the great weather. Joe, thanks for the diff, it will go to good use for sure.

I took no pictures today. I hope someone did. Cheers! Rich

Coyoteh
04-19-2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks everyone! I had a great time even though I showed up a little late.

wolferj-RIP
04-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Ugh, dragged my sore, tired self up this morning... Fun meet, wrenching was good. Great to catch up with everyone and hope to do it again soon!

basanis
04-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks every one. I had a great time on Saturday. John, thanks for hosting
I and Rich fixed the below things on my car yesterday .(Thank you so much for helping me Rich )

1) Replaced the sunroof motor.
2) Installed the angle lights ( Thanks Chris for the lights.) .
3) Installed the stereo.
4) Replaced the case for the break lights.

BlackBMWs
04-20-2015, 03:18 PM
Round two for me with Srini's car. Replaced a failing sunroof motor and figured out that a nylon slider is likely broken in the sunroof. This is what retracts the liner when you go into pop up mode. We need to drop the sunroof cassette to replace it. I'll take a pic on a spare cassette I have in storage to illustrate. I'll help him with fixing it when he does his headliner, otherwise, with the replacement of the motor, its operating normally now.

Had a &#%))@(?! of a time getting the new bezel in for the radio surround for the two bottom clips. After some rasseling with it, I got it in and it all looks great again. The Alpine HU goes in pretty tight and I wonder if that broke the bezel clips.

Repaired the HID AE headlights Srini got from Chris and wired the Angel Eyes to a switched 12v source, so they come on with the ignition. All functional now and looking great. I'll write a DIY on hooking up AEs to 12v switched this week as a few folks had questions.

Swapped out a cracked taillight and a front corner.

Srini really liked the cars that showed up on Saturday, so I suspect he will keep me busy with mods. [emoji41]

Kilijan
04-20-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm glad all the parts worked out. It was annoying that those high beams weren't working. I think just about everybody got at least a piece or two off the car, so I'm glad I brought it with me.

I'll be moving storage units this week, so I'll be cataloging all the parts that I have and post them up separately. If anybody needs anything specific let me know.

Rich, if you have a list of small bits that you regularly need I can put those aside for your storage bin. I figure there are enough odd ball parts on the ti that I don't want them all to get scrapped with the car.

BlackBMWs
04-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Thanks Chris! Folks have been dropping off TI specific parts they don't need and where parts have been "donated" i make them available for the NorCal folks.

ie: I've given out a pair of Sunroof motors to each of Adam and Srini. Srini got my last spare. Let me quickly think about what could benefit the community.

No worries about the lights. You troubleshot them. I just had to solder and check the strength of the other connections. There was only one harness, so I pulled a pair from a set I have in storage and traded my two for his one. Does Srini owe someone a harness? (John). Anyway, I'll order a pair to replace mine on Srini's account. [emoji41]

I am interested in your front seats, the wiring and switches for my son's car. If you could PM what you'd like for them, I can figure out how they fit into budget.

Srini may be interested in your TI suspension for his 95 Sport. Also your rear bumper if intact.

Great to meet you and thanks for the trim piece.

Artem
05-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Hey guys, late to the party here but wanted to say that I was happy to see you all that day and to thank you for the food and space (and allowing me to have the time to actually touch my car for once in the past 6 months!)

The windshield washers are awesome - thanks again Erik, that worked out perfect!

Hope the bin and some parts I left actually came in handy, and if not - thank you whoever ended up with them for throwing it out for me :-P

In other news - I been experimenting with radios and I got a couple for sale, you all can have the dibs as I hate shipping stuff :)

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Artem

jggonzalez
05-02-2015, 09:32 AM
I really had a great time meeting everyone. Got my speaker issue fixed, learned a lot about my car, and made a great bunch of new friends.

Been occupied with work since the get together abd haven't had much time to say hello. Budget cuts at work dealt me a small setback (meaning paycut) and forced me to move into a new position, but it has the upside of learning new skills and possibly a better job than before at the end of the year!

Anyways, looking to remain optimistic and turn a small setback into a positive experience. Driving my 318ti has sometimes been the bright spot in my day and it's even better than before thanks to Rich, Artem, and everyone else. Here are a few pics I took:

basanis
06-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Hi, My name is srini and I am from Roseville, CA . I am new to this forum. I just purchased a 99 318ti Automatic sport from the private party. The car was garaged for 4 months. Before I buy I did a test drive it was very good. I drove on the freeway with 85 speed it was fine. After the car purchase I was driving back to Roseville and after I drove 60 miles suddenly the RPM was coming down and I pulled over the exit, turned off the car and turned it back on. The check engine light was on. The car won’t go above 50 speed. And the accelerator pedal is not smooth like it was before.
If any anyone have come across with the similar problem. Please share.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Srini

BlackBMWs
06-12-2015, 03:34 AM
Hi Srini! Haha! You met lots of the NorCal dudes at John's house. Nice find on the 99 sport. I see you double posted so you must really want to get this fixed. :smile:

Come over and we'll take a look at what might be busted. :cool:

E36 TI-M
06-12-2015, 04:30 AM
Srini this must be the black 99 with very low mileage? How much did you end up paying?

I remember the seller was asking 8K when he first posted it on CL

BlackBMWs
06-12-2015, 05:27 AM
He just left. Very clean 99 Sport. Best looking stock seats I have seen on a TI. Other than the radio, looks bone stock. Great find. :cool:

derekkg
06-18-2015, 08:35 AM
Hey everybody! Are there any plans for a summer meet? I just got down to California again for the summer a few weeks ago. Was just a James' house last weekend buying seats.

I'd love to meet everybody!

Coyoteh
06-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Hey everybody! Are there any plans for a summer meet? I just got down to California again for the summer a few weeks ago. Was just a James' house last weekend buying seats.

I'd love to meet everybody!
No plans at the moment, but we could definitely get on that! How long are you going to be in the area?

derekkg
06-18-2015, 09:12 PM
No plans at the moment, but we could definitely get on that! How long are you going to be in the area?

Until mid August!