PDA

View Full Version : Do our defrosters suck??

FunElan
05-08-2015, 04:16 PM
I was caught in a torrential rain and thunderstorm leaving my girlfriends place last night. If I wasn't driving I'd be fascinated by the lightning, it was so cool. However, on my 2 mile drive home I couldn't see where the hell I was driving. I was probably on the wrong side of the road at times. I ended up having to continually wipe the inside of the window with my hand like it was a wiper blade, while the outside blades did their job, all the while cursing at my horrible defroster.

Maybe it's just because I have a California roof, but what's the best way to use our defrosters so that they actually operate?

M-technik-3
05-08-2015, 05:44 PM
For humidity issues you are supposed to turn on the AC this helps speed up the drying process.

BRADESTAR
05-08-2015, 06:11 PM
I can tell you that my rear defroster sucks to the point that it don't work.

A person might think that you are getting water into the cabin area, thus causing the moisture issue. Might check around for water. The plastic tool holder areas on either side of the trunk, behind the wheel wells seems to be a popular place to find water.

zoner
05-08-2015, 11:37 PM
For humidity issues you are supposed to turn on the AC this helps speed up the drying process.

This.

Most American cars automatically turn on the A/C when you select 'defrost' but you usually have to turn it on separately with European cars. It does, however, make a huge difference in eliminating interior window condensation.

bazar01
05-09-2015, 12:59 AM
Turn ON the AC and recirculation buttons.

BlackBMWs
05-09-2015, 02:05 AM
Don't drive in torrential rain in a humid state! :mad:

JK, Matt Turn on the A/C and recirculate. Hope all is well there. Did you meet up with Adam? Give him a hard time for me. :cool:

LouM...
05-09-2015, 04:13 AM
When was the last time you replaced your cabin air filter? I woudl think that if it's clogged and restricting airflow it may affect your defrost efficiency.

LouM...

BlackBMWs
05-09-2015, 04:25 AM
^^^ +1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FunElan
05-09-2015, 05:36 AM
I guess I forgot to have the A/C on.....

I got home tho so whatever! Good to know for next time if I have to drive through it. I got in the car this morning and it drove so nice and smooth.....I love this car. No leaks either through the Cali roof.

Rich, I got trapped in it :/. Haven't connected with Adam yet!