PDA

View Full Version : First time questions

forbz
01-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey whats going on? Starting to really like these cars! But have some questions before I start doing full blown research. Currently I own a 87 mitsubishi starion and looking to get an 318ti. Not looking to do any mods, going to keep it stock. Well, here are my questions:
1. Best years? Differences, eng. int. ext?
2. Mech. issues? How reliable are they? Money pit?
3. Specs?
4. Cali Top, worth it?
5. What is a reasonable price range for these cars?
6. Parts/Repair prices?

Well, I think that should get me started. I appreciate any help I can get thanks!
Sean.

Bzuefishx
01-11-2005, 01:38 AM
1. Love my '98. In my experience, the leather interiors have worn much better than cloth.
2. Just stupid problems - door locks were a big one (very irritating). Am second owner and have 46K miles on the 1.9 and runs like a sewing maching. 5 speed is a pain in the @$$ as a daily driver in traffic, but is the way to go.
3. To be honest, I do not know what package I have - know it is not the "sport," but has the painted side skirts (hate the black plastic ones).
4. Don't think I would want the Cali top, but wish I had the OEM sunroof.
5. Good question - paid $14,000+ for mine almost two years ago, but only had 32,000 one owner miles.
6. Find a good independent - dealers will bleed you dry and their service level is terrible (have tried them all in my area - at least four - and they all suck). If you live in Florida, I reccomend Cars and Concepts in Tampa - they are awesome. I'm sure members in your area could reccomend a good shop.

Good luck,

Bzuefishx

forbz
01-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, What was the last year these were made? 99? Is there some where I can go to find specs? Like ext/int colors were produced for what years, um different packages consist of what? Thanks, you've been helpful.

1996 328ti
01-11-2005, 07:43 PM
In the US the last model was in 99 and it was only sold as a Sport.
Not many were sold. Also had a different steering wheel.