PDA

View Full Version : Mtec Kick Plates

Storminmike
01-11-2005, 10:01 PM
My 318ti comes with boring black plastic ribbed kick plates. Now I know that more desirable ones exist such as those with two chrome stripes. I'm looking for something even better such as these.

There are plates like these listed for the 4 door saloon M3. In trying to figure out if the M3 plates will fit the compact I tried comparing standard kick plate part numbers from the 4 door M3 to the Compact, they were different!

That doesn't mean they wont fit it just means I don't really know.

I picked on the 4 door m3 because I think the door lenghts are the same and that the kick plate area must be the same. Are there genuine ones like these for the Compact or has anyone fitted something similair?

http://www.bitchinbmw.co.uk/frederick/DSC00365.jpg

If you have any other pictures or options as examples then please post them up?

GDB
01-11-2005, 11:53 PM
IIRC the ti has it's own unique door sills and the kick plates from another car will not work.

ultralinear
01-12-2005, 01:01 AM
I agree...a nice kick plate would be welcome. One of the best was done by Mazda for their 3Gen RX-7s. Anyway, if there seemed to be a market for it I may consider having some fabricated from T6 aluminum or something else. Anyone else out there know of anything similar being available?

Storminmike
01-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Aluminium ones are available now on Ebay. The OE look is more what I'm after. The kick plate I posted is for the 4 door. What make you think it won't fit a Compact?

I haven't got access to a 4 door so I'm stuck but can someone do a physical side by side comparison? Are the stock plates the same width/length to start with, can someone get a tape measure? Do the profiles look similair.

Do you know someone who'll let you pull there car apart to try, you could always buy a few clips beforehand. The M// one looks well sweet.

Anybody?

aceyx
01-14-2005, 03:56 AM
as i understand, the door sill is the same length as a coupe. mirrors will be from a sedan, glass is unique.

it's kind of a frankenbimmer, so i could be wrong.

96cali
01-14-2005, 09:14 PM
I could be wrong but I thought either J!m or 332clubsport had Mtec door sills and they had to slightly tweak them to fit.