PDA

View Full Version : Leatherz Armrest

Tyler
01-13-2005, 12:18 AM
What's up everyone.
I remember reading on here about armrests for a TI. About 2-3 months ago i bought a used Leatherz Armrest from someone on Bimmerforums.com. And just to let you guys know that you don't loose both cupholders for this one. The one closest to the shifter is still open. I am completly satisfied with the armrest. So for those of you who are interested in one i'd suggest to check it out. Brand new it's a bit pricy like $130 bucks,i got mine for $70. It is the Mark2 armrest check out the link Leatherz.com Just go to the interior icon on the left hand side of the page to see pics. I tried posting pics at one point,but they were to large to post and i couldn't figure out how to put them up. But if anyone wants to see them i'll gladly email you pics.
Let me know what you guys think.
Keith

L84THSKY
01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I think that the best option is still the OEM armrest. All other options are some level of compromise.

The sticky point is just the cupholder.

What's up everyone.
I remember reading on here about armrests for a TI. About 2-3 months ago i bought a used Leatherz Armrest from someone on Bimmerforums.com. And just to let you guys know that you don't loose both cupholders for this one. The one closest to the shifter is still open. I am completly satisfied with the armrest. So for those of you who are interested in one i'd suggest to check it out. Brand new it's a bit pricy like $130 bucks,i got mine for $70. It is the Mark2 armrest check out the link Leatherz.com Just go to the interior icon on the left hand side of the page to see pics. I tried posting pics at one point,but they were to large to post and i couldn't figure out how to put them up. But if anyone wants to see them i'll gladly email you pics.
Let me know what you guys think.
Keith

Tyler
01-14-2005, 02:24 AM
I've never seen the OEM armrest unless thats the one on Bavauto.com And if thats the case that thing is tiny,plus you loose the storage part of the center console. I looked at the link in one of your posts and i don't have the same center console as that. I don't have a square thing on my center console,just two cup holders and a storage box..

gadgetphreak
01-14-2005, 02:27 AM
You can see the OEM armrest in this picture Interior Shot (http://futureknight.com/1998%20BMW%20318ti%20Sport_files/Images/05221.jpg)

Gadget

Tyler
01-14-2005, 04:51 PM
You can see the OEM armrest in this picture Interior Shot (http://futureknight.com/1998%20BMW%20318ti%20Sport_files/Images/05221.jpg)

Gadget

Thats basically what i have except it's a Leatherz one

L84THSKY
01-14-2005, 04:55 PM
I checked that website. Your armrest does not extend as far forward as the OEM one. Sure, it leaves the cupholder exposed underneath, but your arm does not get as much space to lean on.

Thats basically what i have except it's a Leatherz one

Tyler
01-14-2005, 10:36 PM
I checked that website. Your armrest does not extend as far forward as the OEM one. Sure, it leaves the cupholder exposed underneath, but your arm does not get as much space to lean on.

I have about 6-8 inches of space that i use,the armrest overall is about 14-16 inches long.