PDA

View Full Version : No heat after coolant change

Synthesis
02-05-2016, 04:08 AM
Hello all, been looking around this forum for a little while now. I am stationed in Japan and bought a 1998 318Ti with 62,000 KM on it. I'm going to preface this with saying that I do not know a lot about cars, but have been trying to learn more through this forum and other videos.

Anyways, yesterday I took my car in for a oil and oil filter change and a coolant flush at the base autoport. Today I noticed that my heat no longer works. Is there anything I should be looking for that I can try to fix while I am at home? I won't be able to stop back there and ask them again until tomorrow.

Some additional info, the thermostat in the car sits just past the 12 o'clock position(almost completely on the 12 o'clock position, just slightly to the right). This is the same position as it was in before the change. I haven't noticed any overheating but I haven't really driven it any faster than 40 KP/H or any father then 3 or 4 KM today. The A/C still works fine, and the temperature knob operates as normal with no noticeable change from before(ie. not loose, not difficult to turn).

The coolant they used is Prestone AF2100.

Thanks for any help!

Synthesis
02-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Bled the air, all is well now.

eurohb
02-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Try to do this:

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35461

this happened on my Ti when I had to swap heater cores out .