PDA

View Full Version : Need help with central locking system

ks20190
01-20-2005, 11:27 PM
:_paper: Can someone pleasae help me with my central locking system, the car main lock button dont work at all, can't unlock any door or the hatch (can you unlock the hatch door with the unlock button) ? Also where is the central locking system relay is located? and how I know is the relay is working or not? since I'm new to this car, I'm going to pick up the car on Sat. I need some help on fixing the locking system. (The only key I have is the valet key (grey rubber head one), can you use the valet key to unlock the hatch door?) :_paper: Thanks alot

John Firestone
01-21-2005, 10:00 AM
There is no central locking relay. A solid state "general module" mounted in a rack behind the glovebox takes care of the locks, windows, interior lights and a few other things.

gooten1
01-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I heard somewhere that the central locking system is vacuum operated. True? False? I'm not sure about that, but now I'm curious.

John Firestone
01-21-2005, 08:21 PM
The BMW locks are electromechanical. I believe Mercedes used to have a pnuematic locking system. Maybe you are thinking of that?

L84THSKY
01-21-2005, 08:30 PM
My Scirocco used a vacuum operated locking system.

I heard somewhere that the central locking system is vacuum operated. True? False? I'm not sure about that, but now I'm curious.

nusstroy
06-11-2006, 09:58 PM
ok, heres the issue and i need help (HIJACKS THREAD)

im picking up the car next week, but i drove it today, and the keyless unlock and lock button dont work. The car makes the sound as if it were working, but it just doesnt, so i know its responding, i just dont understand why it wont unlock the car... help!