PDA

View Full Version : UUC delrin carrier bushings

bluoval6
02-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Has anyone else tried the UUC delrin shift carrier bushings from understeer? I used them when I installed my ebay SSK (which I love, by the way) and found they allowed more movement than the stock bushing. I also found an SSK which raises the pivot point of the shifter compounds this free play. I'm not sure if they sent me the wrong bushings or what. They fit the carrier ok, but there was a lot of free play between the ears on the trans and between the center of the bushings and the pin. I ended up maching my own bushing out of brass and made it fit very snugly. A test fit of the carrier showed no rotational free play at all. I'll be wrapping this up tonight with a new coupler and shaft seal. Just wanted to share my experience with this particular product.

Scott

slo318TI
02-08-2017, 12:35 AM
If you're looking for a great plug and play solution I'd check out Condor Speed Shop. They specialize in spec E30 supplies but offer a plethora of options for E36 & E46. I've heard amazing things about their Z3 SSK outfitted with their bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluoval6
02-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Thanks, I'll definitely check out Condor in the future. I got everything sorted right now by making my own bushing. The only lateral free play in my shifter now is in the trans. In fifth it doesn't move at all. Mainly, I didn't want anyone else to waste $25 like I did.

Scott