PDA

View Full Version : H&R cup kit or H&R spring/Bilstein shocks?

lkwd318ti
01-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey i was just wondering which one you guys should recommend.
I'm looking into the cup kit or the H&R sport (not race) springs and Bilstein sport shocks.
If you have them, how do they affect the ride?
and one more thing...where are the good places to get them? (i live in SoCal) I guess online stores would be okay too.
Thanks.

-Randy

1996 328ti
01-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Someone I trust for ti advice has suggested the cup kit over the sport.
I can't say why, i just trust his advice.

mischief
02-04-2005, 08:31 AM
my 95 TI has bilstein shocks payed like 300 for all 4
the H&R springs

befor i changed the oem shocksmy TI set lower after installing the bilstien hight changed not much but i like that hight change

the ride is great very smooth and firm
i take turns alot faster know
when changing shocks dont re-use the old parts buy new parts

if you have a air gun and air compressor and some sockets you can do it your self

bimmer95
02-04-2005, 02:57 PM
The H&R Sport springs are the better option... because they actually exist.

lkwd318ti
02-04-2005, 07:30 PM
I thought that the cup kit does exist for the Ti. I found it here. (http://www.kest-tuning.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=4_95_10&products_id=1648&osCsid=ea0c09b303aebbcd760744c56efa0c9d) When i saw this, thats when I posted this and I wanted to see if anybody had it and how well it performs. If i were to tune up my suspension it would have been the bilstein/h&r combination, but when i saw the cup kit, i was considering it.
Thanks
-Randy

bimmer95
02-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Well Randy, H&R's website doesn't list it, so I'd be a little more apt to trust them. BTW, have you actually read any of the reviews of Kest on bimmerforums.com? They're well known for not responding to emails, fake tracking numbers and not shipping products for months.

http://www.hrsprings.com -> no 318ti Cup Kit

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286108
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289903

lkwd318ti
02-04-2005, 10:56 PM
awww BOOO those guys suck (according to the reviews) haha. Thanks for lookin out Bimmer95. Yeah, I see what you mean about it not being on the H&R website (damn I'm stupid, I should've looked there to see if they have it first). So I guess I'll get the spring/shock combination haha. I just need to get money first lol. Once again, Thanks for looking out :biggrin:

-Randy

Viper3812
02-05-2005, 12:30 AM
I just recieved my Bilstein sport shocks and Bavarian Autosport springs today. I'm getting them installed sometime next week.

m-technik_ti
02-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Hey i was just wondering which one you guys should recommend.
I'm looking into the cup kit or the H&R sport (not race) springs and Bilstein sport shocks.
If you have them, how do they affect the ride?
and one more thing...where are the good places to get them? (i live in SoCal) I guess online stores would be okay too.
Thanks.

-Randy

I've driven a couple of Ti's with the H&R sport/Bilstein combo and the ride is very good. It’s only marginally harsher than that of the Ti Sport suspension; however bodyroll is decreased and cornering balance is quite drastically improved. It’s a good combo IMHO if you want an upgrade in handling while maintaining near-stock ride quality. Your other option: H&R cupkit coilovers as far as I know is, or was ( H&R may have stopped production) available for the Ti; I, myself was going to purchase a set a while back. However, if your main concern is ride harshness, stick with the H&R sport/Bilstein combo.

L84THSKY
02-05-2005, 03:28 AM
Those guys have alot of cool stuff, but like I'm hearing, only buy with a credit card.

I thought that the cup kit does exist for the Ti. I found it here. (http://www.kest-tuning.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=4_95_10&products_id=1648&osCsid=ea0c09b303aebbcd760744c56efa0c9d) When i saw this, thats when I posted this and I wanted to see if anybody had it and how well it performs. If i were to tune up my suspension it would have been the bilstein/h&r combination, but when i saw the cup kit, i was considering it.
Thanks
-Randy

L84THSKY
02-05-2005, 03:29 AM
That's the combo I'm going with, if I don't get a deal on some used springs.

I just recieved my Bilstein sport shocks and Bavarian Autosport springs today. I'm getting them installed sometime next week.

PettitWC
02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Where is the cheapest place to find Bilstein Sport Shocks? I've seen four for 500 or the fronts for about 170 each and the rears for like 80 a piece. Anybody know any for cheaper than that?

barische
02-28-2005, 10:59 PM
i believe understeer.com is sellling set of koni shocks for 520 bucks.

vwt3
02-28-2005, 11:27 PM
My advice would be to shop around do alot of reserch alot of reading, the rear setup on a ti is different then a regular 318.
Look atTurner motorsport.com,BMP.com. Try Ben Liaw' BIG BMW links page alot of tuner's listed there. Hope this helps.

vwt3

PettitWC
03-01-2005, 02:49 AM
thanks guys