PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof top

newto318
05-07-2017, 11:57 PM
I know there are tons of threads on here about the California roof. My gerneral question is the roof itself. Is it one piece or multiple pieces? I see in the corners by the drain tubes it looks like there are breaks in the outer pieces. I have leaks not in the drain tubes but in those corners around the drain tubes.

BRADESTAR
05-08-2017, 12:55 AM
I think for what you are asking it is one piece. It is a cassette that fits in there. detach the drain tubes and the whole cassette pops out. It's probably the gasket between the cassette and body that has shrunk and is allowing water to bypass the drain tubes, which only drain what is collected in the roof cassette.

I have the same leaks and am planning on replacing the gasket next week. I'll post pictures.

newto318
05-08-2017, 01:02 AM
I think for what you are asking it is one piece. It is a cassette that fits in there. detach the drain tubes and the whole cassette pops out. It's probably the gasket between the cassette and body that has shrunk and is allowing water to bypass the drain tubes, which only drain what is collected in the roof cassette.

I have the same leaks and am planning on replacing the gasket next week. I'll post pictures.

Yep that is got to be it. I have loaded silicone in there for now to see if that will fix it for now. I have to do the back as well but need to figure out how to get that top off first. Lol
Would love to see the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk