PDA

View Full Version : Misfires

newto318
01-27-2018, 11:52 PM
So I have been dealing with some misfire codes on all cylinders recently. The car has always had some minor engine rough idle, although the rpms are steady. A new valve cover gasket was put in, a module for the spark plugs, the only other thing I can think of is the spark plugs. But the ones in there aren’t that bad. Never had a ck engine light come on till today. And sure enough it says misfire in 1,2,3,4. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRADESTAR
01-28-2018, 01:39 AM
Vacuum leak? Have a look at intake boots, Sap stuff, then hoses under intake manifold.

Spraying brake cleaner in spots and listening for revving may work to find a leak too.

newto318
01-28-2018, 03:03 AM
Vacuum leak? Have a look at intake boots, Sap stuff, then hoses under intake manifold.

Spraying brake cleaner in spots and listening for revving may work to find a leak too.

Thanks man, will ck it out. I thought I did a good once over but will go back. Guess it was enough to throw a ck engine light.

SlowBimma
02-02-2018, 06:14 PM
It could be a Camshaft Position Sensor. These tell the ECU when to fire the injectors and spark plugs in relation to where the intake camshaft is in the four cycles of engine operation. A bad one will not be able to time the components properly and eventually blow the engine because none of the parts are firing in the correct sequence.

newto318
02-03-2018, 02:04 PM
It could be a Camshaft Position Sensor. These tell the ECU when to fire the injectors and spark plugs in relation to where the intake camshaft is in the four cycles of engine operation. A bad one will not be able to time the components properly and eventually blow the engine because none of the parts are firing in the correct sequence.

Did not think to ck that, of course I’m pretty new to these cars. Need to see what that looks like on line. Thx for the tip

SlowBimma
02-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Did not think to ck that, of course I’m pretty new to these cars. Need to see what that looks like on line. Thx for the tip

It's the black sensor right on the from of the engine just below the valve cover. It's not too hard to replace, just remove the top intake manifold and unplug it basically. New ones are a bit expensive but replacing a cylinder head is even more expensive.