PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket deck installation problem

seala8
02-08-2005, 01:54 AM
got the stock radio out fine..however i cant get my pioneer deh-p6600 in all the way..only about 1/2 way. i think it is the wires, any suggestions?i was thinking of tieing them to the metal bar on the drivers side.mayb?

mharrigan
02-08-2005, 03:39 AM
First of all make sure it isn't any longer than the stock radio ;}. The next thing to do is that your new radio should have a small stud sticking out of the back (or a place to screw in a small stud). This stud slides into a hole in the back of the radio cavity in the dashboard. You need to make sure the stud is going into the hole or the radio won't go all the way back. Also you need to make sure that the bushing on the stud is the right size for the hole - use the orginal bushing if you can. This stud is important - it supports the back of the radio.

I guess it's possible that the orginal bushing may have stayed in the hole when you pulled out the original radio (it's a nylon bushing that goes over the stud and fits the hole in the back). Look in there with a flashlight and pull it out if it's stuck in there because it will be very difficult or impossible to align the stud with the already inserted bushing (the bushing is sort of bullet shaped and self-guides into the hole as you insert the radio). Lastly, you need to carefully align the radio as you slide it in so that the bushing at least gets a start into the hole. Try tiling it up and down a little until you feel the stud/bushing engage. Of course it has to be aligned so that left and right sides are going in equally as well. I think that should do it. Let me know how it works out.

mischief
02-09-2005, 02:34 AM
yep i had the same problem
i made the wires shorter that help out alot