PDA

View Full Version : anyone have any dealings with spax?

robbie-z
02-09-2005, 08:36 AM
i found a spax cup kit for a decent price and it has adjustable shocks and all. i used to see their stuff from time to time when i was in the vw scene. the early stuff was rubbish, but i know nothing about their stuff for bmw. any help would be great.

hotdog19d
02-09-2005, 05:53 PM
I haven't heard anything good about them.

JedzE36/5
02-27-2005, 10:20 AM
as far as i know, their quality hasnt improved at all from a few years ago. they are supposedly firm with a great ride for a few months then they sag and have a horrible ride after that. i also know that they owe (or owed if they cleared it up) a lot of people refunds and/or new parts because of warranty issues. if you type in SPAX on google you should be able to find a few links to customer reviews and warranty complaints. i would stay away from them.

robbie-z
02-28-2005, 04:17 AM
hello once more, spax is out. seems like they've not done anything to improve since the old days. on my last ride, an 16v scirocco, i ran an fk cup kit. decent price, decent performance. i went a little too low (75mm drop), but they held up well. any one have any dealings with fk on a bimmer?

JedzE36/5
02-28-2005, 07:37 AM
i havent personally but i know a few guys who run their coil overs and who are pleased. i do not think they are the most ideal for racing though. for a sporty look and sporty street handling they are good though.