PDA

View Full Version : Got my Strut Bar!

L84THSKY
02-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Picked up an almost new Racing Dynamics strut bar on Ebay. I hope it was worth the money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7953242394&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

gadgetphreak
02-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Definitely let us know what you think of the handling difference, I have been thinking about getting a strut bar as well.

Does anyone know if there are any fitment issues with a DASC?

96cali
02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know if there are any fitment issues with a DASC?

Sorry for the vague answer, but yes there are some that clear the DASC and some that don't. Think there was a detailed thread on the Yahoo group earlier this year but searching that archive is a PITA.

Panzer_M
02-11-2005, 07:05 PM
it's that shape so it can clear the M44.

I have the same bar. Got mine for 90, but still good price.

after i swap I am getting a UUC Mag bar.

aceyx
02-11-2005, 09:40 PM
aren't there strange fitment issues between cars with ASC+T and those without? i could just be stirring the pot but i remember something about that vaguely.

Panzer_M
02-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Actaully I'll post mine tomarrow, It's opposite than the pic with the bend toward the grills than the firewall.

bimmer95
02-12-2005, 06:50 AM
The traction control fitment issue is on the on the 6-cylinder cars. The fitment issue on the M42/44 is due to the height of the intake manifold, with the DASC in place you should be able to fit just about any E36 bar. On the RD brace, it makes for nice eye candy, but it's hinged ends don't make it very efficient at bracing.

L84THSKY
02-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't think the hinges hurt at all, as long as there is no play in the hinge. The bigger issue is the fact that the bar is not a straight line from strut to strut. This means there is force from one of the axis' being put on the bent part of the bar.

The traction control fitment issue is on the on the 6-cylinder cars. The fitment issue on the M42/44 is due to the height of the intake manifold, with the DASC in place you should be able to fit just about any E36 bar. On the RD brace, it makes for nice eye candy, but it's hinged ends don't make it very efficient at bracing.