PDA

View Full Version : Gimme A Break!!!!

L84THSKY
02-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Just me sounding off....

I went to my usual gas station yesterday, Amoco, to fill up on 93 octane gas. This station has changed owners faster than I change underwear. It's probably a front for illegals to enter the country. I spend about $25.00 on gas, and proceed to the air pump to put some air to my tires.

The pump has remote trigger in the cash attendants building to turn it on. The cost to use the pump is 50 cents, but he can turn it on for me for free if he chooses. The point is, every time I have filled up before, he has turned on the air pump for me.

This new guy says "put in the 50 cents". I got pissed off that I spend $25.00 on gas, and he charges me another 50 cents for air. My girlfriend says, "what's the big deal, and hands me the 50 cents". It doesn't even stay on long enough for me to fill all four tires, so I tell my girlrfriend to hand me another 50 cents, since she thinks I'm being silly.

What's your opinion, should I pay $1.00 for air, after spending $25.00 for gas?

Thanks
Eric

ZeroG
02-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Just me sounding off....

I went to my usual gas station yesterday, Amoco, to fill up on 93 octane gas. This station has changed owners faster than I change underwear. It's probably a front for illegals to enter the country. I spend about $25.00 on gas, and proceed to the air pump to put some air to my tires.

The pump has remote trigger in the cash attendants building to turn it on. The cost to use the pump is 50 cents, but he can turn it on for me for free if he chooses. The point is, every time I have filled up before, he has turned on the air pump for me.

This new guy says "put in the 50 cents". I got pissed off that I spend $25.00 on gas, and he charges me another 50 cents for air. My girlfriend says, "what's the big deal, and hands me the 50 cents". It doesn't even stay on long enough for me to fill all four tires, so I tell my girlrfriend to hand me another 50 cents, since she thinks I'm being silly.

What's your opinion, should I pay $1.00 for air, after spending $25.00 for gas?

Thanks
Eric
I am the same way. I never pay for air, and always ask the attendant to turn it on if I bought gas or not. I tend to only go to my normal gas station though.

-Chad

mickd
02-14-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't think you are being unreasonable. I don't use car washes but normally they are discounted with a fill up. I think the same should hold true with the air, should be free with a fill up. If the guy continues to charge for air I would go somewhere else for gas, a station that has free air.

aceyx
02-15-2005, 05:33 AM
methinks you might need to change underwear more often :biggrin:

robcarync
02-15-2005, 05:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

aceyx you are funny!

mickd
02-15-2005, 05:41 PM
I don't worry about air, I built my own compressor. You might consider buying one, small capacity ones you can use for inflating tires are cheap.

mickd
02-15-2005, 05:51 PM
methinks you might need to change underwear more often :biggrin:
You might want to use a quote so we know who you are addressing.

L84THSKY
02-15-2005, 08:00 PM
I used to carry a small cigarette lighter powered compressor in my Scirocco. This was just a spur of the moment thing about adding the air. From now on I will just keep a closer eye on my tire pressure, and add air at home.

I don't worry about air, I built my own compressor. You might consider buying one, small capacity ones you can use for inflating tires are cheap.

aceyx
02-15-2005, 10:05 PM
mickd, i'm not sure it's unclear at all who i'm addressing (given that most people read the first post of a thread), but noted for the future.

also, y'all know that my jokes are lighthearted and far from serious right? i figure i'd throw that out there before i offended somebody. also, i don't dish out what i can't take so if my foot is anywhere near my mouth, feel free to finish the job and jam it in.

but yes, paying for air is an atrocity.

hotdog19d
02-15-2005, 10:06 PM
This has to be one of my biggest pet peaves! If a place has free air, I'm courteous and roll the hose up and everything. If I have to pay for it, I leave the hose unrolled laying on the ground. I figured I payed for that priviledge.

rendoll911
02-16-2005, 12:52 AM
usually i just blow air into the tires... but i have pretty strong lungs

barische
02-16-2005, 02:26 AM
This has to be one of my biggest pet peaves! If a place has free air, I'm courteous and roll the hose up and everything. If I have to pay for it, I leave the hose unrolled laying on the ground. I figured I payed for that priviledge.

Damn right man. I do the same thing. You pay for the air, right? And it isn't even for 4 tires so I end up doing it twice and leave it on the ground. I don't care about it. Well buddy, I paid for it. Might as well make them work for it, right?

GDB
02-16-2005, 06:19 AM
That's why I always stop at truck stations when I need air. They almost always have at least one free air hose laying around.