PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette lighter question

canadian_ti
02-15-2005, 02:59 AM
Hey everyone :) , i have a question regarding my cigarette lighter. I am a non-smoker and I would like to use my cigarette lighter for my cell phone charger. The problem is that my phone charger won't go in the cigarette lighter all the way. It seems as though their is some kind of mechanism for the lighter. Does this need to be removed? If so how do you take it out? and has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

aceyx
02-15-2005, 05:28 AM
try turning the charger 45 and 90 degrees. if you peek down there, there are two clips that hold the crotch-burner . . . i mean cigarette lighter in there. when the lighter has sufficiently heated, the clips expand away and you get that satisfying pop.

you can bend them around as you need them (i had to bend them back), but MAKE SURE YOU PULL THE FUSE. if you connect the clip to the outer ring, you'll get a spark and an uncomfortable "zing" in your arm.

canadian_ti
02-23-2005, 10:46 PM
I finally got the time to look at my cigarette lighter. I located my problem. It seems that the idiot who owned the car before me took out the fuse for the cigarette lighter. I have no idea why they took it out but I just replaced the fuse and the cigarette lighter works great!

Bobbak
07-19-2006, 06:23 PM
i have a problem with my cigarette lighter (i dont smoke)but what happens is that i try to push it down and it wonts stay down it just pops back up
please help me i want to fix this just so i know it works