PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds???

bluebastion
02-19-2005, 02:39 PM
I called the dude that I bought the M3 Vader seats from in Washington... anyways... he was supposed to send them on Thursday UPS and email me the tracking number... well Thursday past, and no email. So, yesterday early evening(Friday) at work I called him up.... He sounded upset as he explained to me what happened. On Thursday he said that he had boxed the seats in a "69" position and was going to have UPS pick it up... they came out but then said that the box was too heavy and that he'd have to send the seats seperately. Anyways... so he went out and bought new boxes to send them in and got them ready to ship yesterday(Friday). On Friday, toting them around in his M3 he left for the UPS store for shipping.... and BAM! got into an accident. Yeah... yikes. Do I know if this story is true? Well... I believed him.... and he said he would try to send them tomorrow (today... Sat.). I will have to say though that it is a good thing that I paid with paypal.... I can get up to 1000 dollars back for reasonable unsatisfied purchases (including invisible goods).

L84THSKY
02-19-2005, 06:38 PM
I bought my vaders from a guy in NJ. He bought them from another guy just a week before. The good thing is, I live on Long Island, so I went to see them prior to paying for them. I went to his house, saw the seats, then used his computer to Paypal him. All worked out great. My vaders are grey, and I will soon re-dye them tan to match my interior.

I called the dude that I bought the M3 Vader seats from in Washington... anyways... he was supposed to send them on Thursday UPS and email me the tracking number... well Thursday past, and no email. So, yesterday early evening(Friday) at work I called him up.... He sounded upset as he explained to me what happened. On Thursday he said that he had boxed the seats in a "69" position and was going to have UPS pick it up... they came out but then said that the box was too heavy and that he'd have to send the seats seperately. Anyways... so he went out and bought new boxes to send them in and got them ready to ship yesterday(Friday). On Friday, toting them around in his M3 he left for the UPS store for shipping.... and BAM! got into an accident. Yeah... yikes. Do I know if this story is true? Well... I believed him.... and he said he would try to send them tomorrow (today... Sat.). I will have to say though that it is a good thing that I paid with paypal.... I can get up to 1000 dollars back for reasonable unsatisfied purchases (including invisible goods).

bluebastion
02-20-2005, 05:52 PM
hahaha... grrrr... humored but ticked... Gave him a call yesterday and he said that when he went to the UPS store on Sat. they told him that they don't take big packages on Saturday(????) I've never heard this before... does anyone know if this is in fact true? Anyways, he promised he'd send them on Monday.

gadgetphreak
02-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Hmmm... that sounds kind of fishy.

Where in Washington does he live? I live in the Greater Seattle area and may be willing to drop by and see whats up...

PM me if you would like me to lend a hand. You can't outrun the long arm of the Internet... <grin>

Gadget