PDA

View Full Version : Emblem Overlays??

DaNO
02-19-2005, 08:52 PM
I was wondering if the vinyl emblem blackout kits come off during time, and if they do, will they mess up my emblem? does anyone have these? (they are the stickers that turn your blue emblem into black or red or whatever) thanks

socal318ti
02-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Vinyl tends to fade over time. as to them coming off, if you put them on correctly, ie. on a clean dry surface I don't think they'd come off very easily.

aceyx
02-21-2005, 12:43 AM
vinyl tends to fade, but the new stuff that's out is usually rated at 3, 5 and 7 years, including marine (harsh) environments.

they're actually easier to remove if they're applied on a clean surface later on (use detergent soap to clean the area -- will remove wax), because the adhesive will start to break down and the vinyl will shrink and start to become a little brittle.

if it's winter, a heatgun will help but isn't necessary. afterwards, use an adhesive remover (goo gone, i prefer the 3m bug/tar/wax remover) and get the rest of the gunk (usually around the edges of the sticker).

on thing i might worry about is the emblem fading at different rates, but that'd only be on the silver parts.

your decision, but i wouldn't do it (it's not broken, is it?)

Panzer_M
02-21-2005, 05:19 AM
I'm really not a fan of overlays.

ricey if you ask me.