PDA

View Full Version : recaros, etc?

ultralinear
02-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Just wondering what experiences some of you have had in aftermarket seats, like Recaros, etc? Not so much thinking about racing seats and shells, just regular seats. How do they mount, how adjustable and comfortable are they and how do they hold up over time?

socal318ti
02-20-2005, 11:35 PM
I'd be interested to know this as well as my stock Ti seats are getting pretty old. Thanks.

judowyrm
02-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Recaro SRD's are recline adjustable.

Sliders move you backwards and forwards, and some will allow front and rear rising and lowering. I recommend against the ones that raise and lower, as even on the lowest setting you will be seated higher in the car than stock.

you will need brackets for your car also. speedwaremotorsports.com is where I got my brackets and sliders. they are also a good resource on what works for your car. There is another type of bracket on the internet, but I would go with what speedware recommends.

your stock seat belt clips will not work, get a set from an e30. keep in mind that removing your pre tensioners will light up the airbag light. there is a way around this that I do not care to publish on the internet. email me if you want to know how.

with the SRD's expect to sit a little bit off center of the steering wheel. this was a bit of a bother at first, but after 5 minutes I no longer notice. I find the SRD's are much more comfortable than the stock seats. I have a slight bulky build, so they fit me great. if your of smaller stature you may want to look for a set of Recaro speed seats instead.

feel free to email me with questions.