PDA

View Full Version : ac schnitzer chip on ebay only $35 ????

bmw///m3///
02-22-2005, 05:47 AM
to me it looks like an obvious copy. its for a m42 engine.it cheap, but wonder if it works? and who is this dealer?

What do you guys think?
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7955554718&category=33597

Tyler
02-22-2005, 05:49 AM
I say it's a scam. I wouldn't buy anything like that on ebay. $$45 for 22hp gain......I don't think so

m-technik_ti
02-22-2005, 06:10 AM
umm...AC Schnitzer doesn’t make performance chips for our cars. In regards to engine mods, all they offer is the 2.1L engine upgrade. Besides, the performance gains they quote are completely laughable, most likely you’ll ‘lose’ that much power hehe! Its obviously a scam. Why is this same thread posted 3 times?

bmw///m3///
02-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I wasnt planning on buying but thought Id see if anyone knew who this guy was. Also I dont know why this thread is posted 3 times.glitchy.
I sure in germany acs has some sort of chip they use for the turners comp needs?

m-technik_ti
02-23-2005, 07:46 AM
I did a little searching and the only ACS chip that i could find was the one ACS uses in their 2.1L engine upgrade. This, obviously, would not work for the stock m42/44. Maybe E-mail the seller and see what they have to say? I'd be curious to hear their take on this.

robcarync
02-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Dinan Performance Engine Software unleashes more power by re-programming the fuel mixture and ignition timing parameters of the engine management system. Furthermore, the software safely raises the rev-limit, giving your BMW a broader power band and greater road speed potential in each gear. Significant gains are also achieved at part throttle, making extra power available where you spend the bulk of the time driving. The top speed governor has also been eliminated, enabling the vehicle to achieve it's "natural" top speed.

from dinanbmw.com

woo woo?

bmw///m3///
02-24-2005, 07:20 AM
theres a guy selling a dinan chip for our engines. He claims 15 hp and torque at 5k rpm. Do you think you really get that and if so can you feel it or is it just numbers?
Thanks

Im contacting that "ac schnitzer " chip guy tomaorrow.

robcarync
02-24-2005, 08:30 PM
if you notice, the ebay ACS chip has the exact same description of the legit Dinan chip from the official website...that is sketchy?

m-technik_ti
02-24-2005, 11:00 PM
if you notice, the ebay ACS chip has the exact same description of the legit Dinan chip from the official website...that is sketchy?

Thats E-bay for ya!

theres a guy selling a dinan chip for our engines. He claims 15 hp and torque at 5k rpm. Do you think you really get that and if so can you feel it or is it just numbers?
Thanks

Im contacting that "ac schnitzer " chip guy tomaorrow.

The Dinan chip alone only adds 5hp 4 lb/ft trq. However, the full Dinan S-318 package adds 15 hp; it includes:

Stage 2 Engine Software,
Dinan High Flow Cold Air Intake
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust

This is taken straight from the Dinan website: http://www.dinanbmw.com/
So im gonna have to call 'bs' on that guy as well. Let us know what this ACS chip guy has to say :)

BTW, Dinan figures are NOT RWHP gains, so you are gonna have to account for some drivetrain loss % as well.

AlaskaBlue
02-25-2005, 01:27 AM
I have it for the 1995 obd-I and that adds a claimed 11 hp at 4500 rpms and 18 ft.lbs at 2500. The chip does make a noticable difference acceleration wise and the feel of the powerband is much more consistent.

bmw///m3///
02-25-2005, 02:20 AM
I got a reply from seller....

he said it was made by ac schnitzer. ALso said its the best one he has tried which includes conforti, dinan etc on his personal 318is. this guys ligit and honest?

pppssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

m-technik_ti
03-01-2005, 12:01 AM
I got a reply from seller....

he said it was made by ac schnitzer. ALso said its the best one he has tried which includes conforti, dinan etc on his personal 318is. this guys ligit and honest?

pppssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*ahem* B.S. *ahem*! :evil_lau:
Here's a long thread from bimmerforums about fake chips being sold on e-bay and how the sellers are frequently shut down/sued by ACS and Dinan etc. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120582&page=1&pp=25

bmw///m3///
03-01-2005, 12:09 AM
I heard of the chip made by Schatz&Krum in nor cali for the m42 the suppostly proven to bump up 20 hp and 12lb or torque. Bavarian recycling sells them for $150. Thinks its worth a try? I can get more info?
Thanks

97Hellrot318ti
03-01-2005, 12:22 AM
As has been said previously... ACS is not known for their manufacture of aftermarket chips. They tune bimmers and modify them to their ideal interpretation, which includes performance and appearance upgrades. The only chips they would be responsible for would be the ones designed and found specifically in their cars. Obviously, you can by individual ACS accessories without getting the whole car, such as pedals and the like (around five hundred dollars, if I'm not mistaken). It is highly doubtful you would be able to purchase any sort of stand-alone ACS chip to use on your non-Schnitzer bimmer. As for purchasing legitimate schnitzer parts and accessories, I believe Bavarian Autosport (bavauto.com) sells a decent collection to suit our BMW needs. There are also some licensed Schnitzer dealers, I believe only a couple in the US; there's one in Miami I know of, and I think one in CA. I wouldn't trust much ACS stuff you find on e-bay to be legitimate, the pedals, the shifters, most of them are reproductions. Not necessarily crap, but definitely not ACS. I wouldn't discourage you from purchasing accessory sets on e-bay, I personally purchased a set of racing pedals from e-bay that were "ACS-Style" for 50 bucks, and I'm quite happy with them. As I said before, the actual ACS set would have cost around 500 I believe.

As far as performance chips go, Dinan does offer chips to fit our vehicles, that offer significant performance benefits. However, I don't think even Dinan claims to offer a 22 HP gain from a chip alone. Perhaps an entire upgrade (intake, exhaust, chip, etc...), but not just the chip.

barische
03-01-2005, 04:02 AM
actually i heard that they hook up to ur temp sensor and cause ecu to read the temp more colder so the ecu sends more fuel to engine but this might cause problems like overheating so dont buy em. its bullshti