PDA

View Full Version : Just installed the BMW Traffic Pro !!!

ZeroG
02-22-2005, 08:27 AM
I just completed the install of my BMW Traffic Pro. I got the Aux cable to allow me to hook up my Ipod and Hardwire my SIRIUS radio.

All I can say is WOW!!! This is trully an OEM Stereo and GPS. I added some pictures to my gallery for everyone to view.

For those of you that do not know what the BMW Traffic Pro is. It is a Radio\CD\GPS system made for the E36 BMW. It is made by Bekker\HK and was only offered in Europe. In an effort to bring the unit to the US BMW had Bekker begin to make a US version which was replaced by the screen type of GPS that would mount on your front vent. By the time that BMW scrapped the project Bekker had already manufactured approx. 100 units and in October of last year released the limited number of units to the public.

More information can be found at:

http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/01/081501/becker.html

Pictures: http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=551

-Chad

1996 328ti
02-22-2005, 01:52 PM
I just completed the install of my BMW Traffic Pro. I got the Aux cable to allow me to hook up my Ipod and Hardwire my SIRIUS radio.
Does this also reroute based on traffic updates?

ZeroG
02-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Does this also reroute based on traffic updates?
Currently as far as I know it does not get updates based on current traffic conditions. If it does I will be very excited, I know that some of the SAT radio companies (SIRIUS & XM) are begining to provide traffic coverage to some new vehicles. I think it is provided by Navtech who also makes the map cds I used so maybe it will in the future.

It does however have a traffic funtion where when you are in route guidance and you see a traffic jam ahead you can press the traffic button and then put in the estimated length of the traffic jam (700 Yards, 20 miles) and it will alter the current route to take you around the traffic.

I think the best thing is that it is OEM, and provides more functionality then the stock radio did.

-Chad

L84THSKY
02-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Can this system somehow be integrated into my Blaupunkt CD player system? I don't want a new head unit, just navigation, and maybe a few new features.

Currently as far as I know it does not get updates based on current traffic conditions. If it does I will be very excited, I know that some of the SAT radio companies (SIRIUS & XM) are begining to provide traffic coverage to some new vehicles. I think it is provided by Navtech who also makes the map cds I used so maybe it will in the future.

It does however have a traffic funtion where when you are in route guidance and you see a traffic jam ahead you can press the traffic button and then put in the estimated length of the traffic jam (700 Yards, 20 miles) and it will alter the current route to take you around the traffic.

I think the best thing is that it is OEM, and provides more functionality then the stock radio did.

-Chad

1996 328ti
02-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Currently as far as I know it does not get updates based on current traffic conditions.I think that is a feature in the Acura GPS. Europe already has that system.

ZeroG
02-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Can this system somehow be integrated into my Blaupunkt CD player system? I don't want a new head unit, just navigation, and maybe a few new features.

The Traffic Pro is a replacement head unit, so I don't think that it will be able to be added.

-Chad

ZeroG
02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
I think that is a feature in the Acura GPS. Europe already has that system.
I know that the technology is coming.

-Chad

ZeroG
02-22-2005, 08:07 PM
I think that is a feature in the Acura GPS. Europe already has that system.

I found this today: http://www.ppcw.net/?itemid=2157

-Chad

PettitWC
02-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey man that is sweeeeet!