PDA

View Full Version : Cosmo CAI owners in CA

lkwd318ti
02-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey, for all of you Cosmo CAI owners in CA, I was just wondering if they are legal here and if they requre the CARB sticker. Does it pass the smog test here?? If it doesnt, do you know if i can switch it back to the original airbox easily? Thanks alot.
-Randy

ZeroG
02-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey, for all of you Cosmo CAI owners in CA, I was just wondering if they are legal here and if they requre the CARB sticker. Does it pass the smog test here?? If it doesnt, do you know if i can switch it back to the original airbox easily? Thanks alot.
-Randy
I don't think they are CARB certified the only ones that I know of are made by K&N and DINAN. You can swap back the factory air box easily.

If CARB is your thing I would stick with DINAN.

-Chad

BiimerDude97
02-25-2005, 01:42 AM
hey i have a cosmo CAI and it took me 3 hours to install it. i dont think it is hard to swap the two but it is just time comsuming.

lkwd318ti
02-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Hey thanks guys. Chad, what do you mean by K&N? Are you talking about their filters, or do they make intakes for our cars too?
Thanks again
-Randy

ZeroG
02-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey thanks guys. Chad, what do you mean by K&N? Are you talking about their filters, or do they make intakes for our cars too?
Thanks again
-Randy

I am pretty sure that K&N makes a simple intake for our cars. I could be wrong though. There intakes normally consist of a short ram tube and coned filter.

-Chad