PDA

View Full Version : Bmw Cca

AlaskaBlue
02-27-2005, 03:02 AM
I was thinking about joining the BMW CCA and I was wondering what kind of discounts I would be able to get by joining. I saw BMP design gave a discount, but I was wondering if other places like Turner Motorsport or Bimmer World gave discounts. Thanks

ZeroG
02-27-2005, 04:20 AM
I was thinking about joining the BMW CCA and I was wondering what kind of discounts I would be able to get by joining. I saw BMP design gave a discount, but I was wondering if other places like Turner Motorsport or Bimmer World gave discounts. Thanks
FOr starters it is a great club and you will get to meet a lot of great people that are just as crazy about BMW's as you. Fo an extra $30.00 on top of your membership you will get a magazine called Rondel that is put out by the National BMWCCA.

Benefits:

1.) 20% off at dealers (Not include cars, only parts and service)
2.) Access to BMWCCA events (Autocrosses, Driving Schools, Shows, and Meetings)

Just a thought. BMP only gives a discount to BMWCCA Cluib Racers, so you may want to check that.

-Chad

1996 328ti
02-27-2005, 04:40 AM
Well it is $40 a year now. ;)
Discounts vary from dealer to dealer. They may range from 10% to 20%. Some dealers markup their list price so it really varies. I good dealer will give 20% off of MSRP. There are many good ones.

Catalog companies don't generally give discounts since most of the customers belong to somekind of organization anyway.

Local chapters vary. Some are very active, some focus on one type of activity. Don't forget, it is a volunteer organization.

The Roundel is a good read. The managing editor does the best he could under the circumstances. :_paper:

AlaskaBlue
02-27-2005, 05:39 PM
FOr starters it is a great club and you will get to meet a lot of great people that are just as crazy about BMW's as you. Fo an extra $30.00 on top of your membership you will get a magazine called Rondel that is put out by the National BMWCCA.

Benefits:

1.) 20% off at dealers (Not include cars, only parts and service)
2.) Access to BMWCCA events (Autocrosses, Driving Schools, Shows, and Meetings)

Just a thought. BMP only gives a discount to BMWCCA Cluib Racers, so you may want to check that.

-Chad

I looked around on the BMWCCA website and I looked at BMW club racing. This looks like something that I would be inerested in. What do I need to do to get a BMWCCA Racing License, and how much would it cost to get something like this?

aceyx
02-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Roundel is part of the membership fee ($40).

you would probably be in my chapter, http://www.hoosierbmw.com/ so you can poke around there for events and such.

one thing that bugged me is that dreyer doesn't offer any parts discount, and they mark up between 50-100%. so yeah, it's all mail-order for me.

AlaskaBlue
02-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Dang. That sucks. Dreyer and Reinbold is where my family takes our BMWs.

AlaskaBlue
02-28-2005, 01:46 AM
I joined BMWCCA.

aceyx
02-28-2005, 02:06 AM
welcome.

to be honest i haven't had the best experience at dreyer, it seemed that if i went in for parts or repair they tried to sell me a new car every time. i mean, i guess that's what they do but if i want to buy something with a bangle-butt, i'll ask.

the people at euromotorworks seem really nice, but aren't cheap. i would certainly go there if i had a major problem or were racing my rig but otherwise i'll drop the change on tools and do it myself.

AlaskaBlue
02-28-2005, 02:37 AM
I have usually had good experiences at Dreyer. We have bought 4 BMWs from them, and the ti was the first. I am 17 and they treat me well, they usually ask me how I like the Dinan stuff I have bought, talk about what all I have done to the car, their shuttle drivers are cool and will take my friends and I wherever, and they don't try to sell me cars. (Probally because I am too young)

AlaskaBlue
02-28-2005, 02:39 AM
Aceyx--do you know of other places around Indy or Bloomington that give BMWCCA discounts?

gooten1
02-28-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm in the SC CCA. I wish we did more. But anywho, welcome to the CCA. Hope you have lots of good times and meet all sorts of cool people.

aceyx
02-28-2005, 07:44 PM
alaska; none that i'm aware of, unfortunately.