PDA

View Full Version : asc and abs lights won't go out

robbie-z
03-01-2005, 07:09 AM
on my way home tonight, while driving up the street to my home, the abs and asc lights came on on the dash and will not go out. i spun a little while driving up the street as there's several inches of snow. i didn't go thrashing on the car, so i'm not sure what to think. i'm guessing that the abs and asc are connected to one another. could it be something with the abs pump? an help would be greatly appreciated.

mickd
03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't be concerned that both abs and asc lights are on, the asc uses the abs to sense wheel spin and applies brakes to the slipping wheel. Can't help you on the reason why they are on.

robbie-z
03-01-2005, 06:05 PM
i started looking through all the other boards a little last night (let me just say that the other boards aren't any where as good as this one-- hence the post about flamers i saw on here) and saw that my sensors might be dirty? i know we got about 10 inches of snow and it was very sloppy out. i dunno. the car goes ok and stops ok as well. i'll run it a little bit today and see what happens.

Tyler
03-01-2005, 06:21 PM
on my way home tonight, while driving up the street to my home, the abs and asc lights came on on the dash and will not go out. i spun a little while driving up the street as there's several inches of snow. i didn't go thrashing on the car, so i'm not sure what to think. i'm guessing that the abs and asc are connected to one another. could it be something with the abs pump? an help would be greatly appreciated.

About 2yrs ago both my lights were on,the reason was that my abs sensor went bad. Since the abs didn't work that meant the traction control didn't work. One of those 2 sensors must be bad on your car. Hope that helps you out a little.

motorsport
03-02-2005, 04:11 AM
since there was snow im guessing your brakes locked up, did they ABS react? or did they just stay locked up? ABS module possible, ABS sensor also.

robbie-z
03-02-2005, 06:00 AM
i'm guessing i had snow packed up inside where all the sensor stuff goes on because when i got in this morning, the light came on but after a block or so it went out.