PDA

View Full Version : HELP! New BMW Car Club

97Hellrot318ti
03-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm currently in college, at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL. I'm looking to start a Bimmer club here, there are at least 3 other Ti's that I know of, a BUNCH of m3s (Rich kids daddy's bought them, most likely... yes I am bitter, I had to work for my scholarship, haha), an m5, and a ton of other assorted beauties. There are really a lot of e36s especially, which I of course take note of. Anyways, I'm looking for ideas as to what kind of activities to do (beyond generic ones that you'd expect). I'd like to know if there is anything really unique we could do, beyond road trips, picnics, tuning, philanthropy, and all the stuff you might expect of a car club. Any locals with information? Or perhaps BMWCCA members with resource ideas?

bluebastion
03-01-2005, 07:40 PM
haha... ask gooten1 We met last week... he used to go there. hehehe that's funny.

I'm originally from J-ville... they have a well established CCA there. That's a thought.

97Hellrot318ti
03-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks a lot, I'll get on the J-Ville chapter's website, see if they'd be willing to help me out.

Phil Marx
03-02-2005, 05:40 AM
You might find Sunshine Bimmers chapter to be a little closer.
If I remember correctly one of their board members, Patrick Spikes, used to head-up the ti register. Patrick: (407) 445-8972
Email: pspikes@absolutestorageproducts.com

Chapter URL:
http://www.sunshinebeemer.com/

Tell him I sent you.

gooten1
03-02-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll be down in Daytona next week (March 7-11). I'll be staying in O'Connor for the week...I'll send you a PM with my number so we can meet up. Are you new at 'Riddle?

Also, there was a guy named John down there last year with a M3. We had a little E36 club going...going for rides and hanging out. So not all of those guys with the cool cars are rich stuck ups...a few of them are actually human. (=

97Hellrot318ti
03-02-2005, 08:02 PM
The comment I made before was a hasty generalization, I didn't actually mean that EVERYONE with a cool car was a stuck up prick, haha. I actually don't care if they are, I still want them to join the club when I make it, so I can stare at their cars and drool... Maybe even touch the car? Who knows... haha... and it's my second year at Riddle... Just waiting to get the hell out of here so I can get commissioned and fly F-18s. I sent a reply to your PM, by the way

97Hellrot318ti
03-02-2005, 08:04 PM
You might find Sunshine Bimmers chapter to be a little closer.
If I remember correctly one of their board members, Patrick Spikes, used to head-up the ti register. Patrick: (407) 445-8972
Email: pspikes@absolutestorageproducts.com

Chapter URL:
http://www.sunshinebeemer.com/

Tell him I sent you.

Thanks a lot man, I'll definitely get in touch with them.