PDA

View Full Version : Will these fit?

L84THSKY
03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7958639358&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

"Purchase includes a brand new wheel rim without the airbag cap in original BMW packaging"

Where would I get this airbag cap, if it didn't come with it?

Is this worth the effort?

bluebastion
03-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Hey L8... well if I'm correct.. you can get the airbag from the very same company/seller. Ebay doesn't allow airbags to be sold in their auctions... so technically the advertiser has to work around that. As you can see in his ad, he's emphasizing that IF YOU NEED anything else call him.... He'll probably hook you up with one. I'd call first before bidding.... I'm sure it will fit as long as it has the ring/disk that attaches the s.wheel to the car.

96cali
03-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I don't think that is an air bag capable wheel. I don't even think it's OEM e36. Looks like mid-80's vintage. Look elsewhere- thought I saw a real '99 M3 3-spoke wheel on ebay a couple days ago....at $475 and counting but it did have the airbag which TMK can go for $500 alone. And just my unsolicited opinion but to me that retro wheel will look fugly in a ti. Sorry.:biggrin:

KIRASIR
03-03-2005, 02:17 AM
It IS an OEM e36 wheel. It doesn't come with an airbag so there is no really point of getting it, plus that price is way too high. There is also a similiar one available that does come with the airbag (not the M3 3-spoke one).

SL

I don't think that is an air bag capable wheel. I don't even think it's OEM e36. Looks like mid-80's vintage. Look elsewhere- thought I saw a real '99 M3 3-spoke wheel on ebay a couple days ago....at $475 and counting but it did have the airbag which TMK can go for $500 alone. And just my unsolicited opinion but to me that retro wheel will look fugly in a ti. Sorry.:biggrin:

L84THSKY
03-03-2005, 04:30 PM
This is a wheel out of a 1999 318ti I almost bought. It is the one I really want.

http://www.geocities.com/l84thsky/1999tiWheel.jpg

It IS an OEM e36 wheel. It doesn't come with an airbag so there is no really point of getting it, plus that price is way too high. There is also a similiar one available that does come with the airbag (not the M3 3-spoke one).

SL

bluebastion
03-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah I want one too :) Missed it by one year.... (bought my 98 brand spankin new).... my car was actually made in 10/97... so I also missed out on side air bags... :/ But enough of that... I want that steering wheel as well... however those ebay auctions go up REAL HIGH for those things. And most are without the airbag... a few break the rules and say they're giving the air bag for free.. hehehe. My wife says I'll have to wait on it because I got the vaders.... poop on me.

J!m
03-03-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't think that is an air bag capable wheel. I don't even think it's OEM e36. Looks like mid-80's vintage. And just my unsolicited opinion but to me that retro wheel will look fugly in a ti. Sorry.:biggrin:

Just to clarify for everyone: that wheel is Euro-only E36, and DOES have an air bag. Not made available in the US, but probably could be ordered from your dealer if you had a part number.

Ben Liaw had that same wheel in his ti, which was my first exposure to it outside of Europe. It look nice, because it does look like there is no air bag for that retro-look.

A non-air big wheel was also available, but the one shown in the first post is an air bag wheel (if you look closely you can see the 'SRS' emblem on it too).

The wheel shown in the later post was available in the US, and I have that wheel in my car as a replacement for the original (which is available if anyone wants it).

96cali
03-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Just to clarify for everyone: that wheel is Euro-only E36, and DOES have an air bag. Not made available in the US, but probably could be ordered from your dealer if you had a part number.

I have been schooled. Still think it be fugly. :biggrin:

The 3 spoke M wheel/99ti wheel is sweet. I sat in a 99ti f/s here and was blown away by how much better it feels. Makes teh 4 spoke feel like it should be in a Camry. :blink:

bluebastion
03-03-2005, 08:10 PM
it should. :x

J!m
03-04-2005, 02:10 PM
My 4-spoke wheel is in my basement...

BMWaffectSean
03-08-2005, 02:51 AM
awsome finds l8 .. keep posting!!!

do u have aim or anything ?

L84THSKY
03-08-2005, 05:42 AM
I use Yahoo messenger
ID: L84THSKY

Lot's of time to surf the web @ work....... :biggrin:

awsome finds l8 .. keep posting!!!

do u have aim or anything ?

gadgetphreak
03-09-2005, 03:33 AM
What do you do?

L84THSKY
03-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Program Manager

What do you do?

gadgetphreak
03-09-2005, 05:21 AM
For what kind of product, I am a PM for software development.

Panzer_M
03-09-2005, 06:47 AM
i got a NON SRS Mtech II steering wheel from a friend in Germany sent to me.

My SRS light is on now, but it's the best wheel I have seen stateside for e36s.

I am looking at a Mtech III, which is the same wheel with ///M color stiching.

L84THSKY
03-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Our company manufacturers flow meters for almost every industry in the world. You just clamp on the transducers to the pipe, and we can tell you anything you want to know about what's inside the pipe, product, temperature, flow rate etc......

For what kind of product, I am a PM for software development.

robcarync
03-09-2005, 08:36 PM
thats cool...im a student...

i learn

ap government and politics
honors law and justice
honors british authors (aka english)
ap calculus
computer programming

computer programming is boring....im in that class now...ive already had two years of programming...and the teacher told me i should take the next one...but the failed to tell me she was moving away over the summer and the new teacher was a ditz that doesnt know what she is doing!