PDA

View Full Version : what type of intake do i need?

jobimmer
03-03-2005, 03:59 AM
I just bought this after market intake but ive noticed that the original boot has a big flat looking thing stuck to it which might be a sensor, but i also see another twist off sensor i think is airflow sensor. But the after market intake has a hole for only the second twist of sensor, so can anyone tell me if they have the same problem or did i buy the wrong intake? what the hell should do w/the other sensor. I have a 95 TI.

barische
03-03-2005, 04:08 AM
are u talking about a hose that connects to the airbox cuz there is only one sensor and that is the temp sensor and there is that hose that connects to the airbox to a round object which is air pump.

jobimmer
03-04-2005, 01:01 AM
yeah i followed the hose and it looks like it connects to the idle air control valve, but anyways is the new intake supposed to have a connection for that?

barische
03-04-2005, 02:50 AM
no, waht i did was i bought a air breather from pep boys for 12 bucks and stick that on the end of the hose. so people took the hose out and stick the breather to the opening of the air pump, what ever is easier for u just put filter, good luck i hope that it was help full.

jobimmer
03-05-2005, 02:14 AM
i'm going to tried that tonight, i thought i was going to have to buy a new intake but i really appreciate the tips thanks man! save me some money.