PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction To 318ti,org

Henry80
03-08-2005, 05:24 AM
Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop a line to all my fellow E36 compact Bimmer owners. We definitely are a rarish breed. I'm fairly new to being a bimmer owner , so feeback,suggestions etc. would be greatly appreciated. Pics of my car can be found at http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286185853 . I appreciate any and all constructive criticism. Thanks.

Caleb

mickd
03-08-2005, 06:44 AM
Greetings Henry80, nice car. Hmmm....A 2.8 conversion....you lucky dog!

Henry80
03-08-2005, 11:33 PM
It definitely gets me around a lot quicker:)

gadgetphreak
03-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Nice car, welcome to the community.

m-technik_ti
03-09-2005, 07:22 AM
I remember your Ti from the DTP show last summer; my ti was displayed right across from it with the rest of the CG motorsport rides. I take it that you are the new owner? I remember that it was for sale at the show. :)

Henry80
03-09-2005, 09:54 AM
That would be me:) nice to see some more 318ti owners comin outta BC. Do you have any suggestions and what I should do to my car seeing as how you've some what seen it:)?

m-technik_ti
03-10-2005, 06:24 AM
That would be me:) nice to see some more 318ti owners comin outta BC. Do you have any suggestions and what I should do to my car seeing as how you've some what seen it:)?

Hmmm...I dont know, it looks pretty complete....As for exterior, maybe a Rieger rear bumper to help level it out with the front? What did the m52 have done to it? did it just have the CG-built CAI?

Henry80
03-10-2005, 08:42 AM
No it's just a short ram. other than that, the engine is stock. i think i'm gonna save up and get a turbo or a supercharger tho. what did u have in mind with the m52?

m-technik_ti
03-16-2005, 05:11 AM
No it's just a short ram. other than that, the engine is stock. i think i'm gonna save up and get a turbo or a supercharger tho. what did u have in mind with the m52?

As far as NA mods go; try a big-bore throttle body, performance cams, pistons, exhaust (if i remember correctly, you already have one), CAI, performance chip, m50 intake manifold etc. Nonetheless, FI is the way to go if you want big power gains....Are you planning a custom turbo/supercharger setup? If not, Active Autowerke makes a nice little S/C setup for the m52...A bit pricey though :ashamed:

Are you still bringing your Ti to CG?

Henry80
03-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Sounds like a plan, I want a custom turbo. I just don't know if I have the money right now. Unfortunately I can't get to CG cuz I live in kelowna. What's it like I haven't heard many things about CG but i've seen some of their cars *drools*

m-technik_ti
03-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Hehe, yah they've got some nice rides there at CG...Chris (the owner) is currently finishing off his next project car; a Porsche 996 c2 with a full turbo widebody conversion, they've got some pics on the CG site, the link is just under my sig . As for their service, ive always been happy with what they've offered me in regards to price and product quality; they seem to be known as the best Bmw tuner around the lower mainland.

Unless you know someone up in Kelowna who knows their stuff when it comes to custom turbo installs, id really think about brining it down to CG, they know the car best, since they essentially built the better half of it, plus Rudy, the head mechanic, is very experienced in turbo installs from what ive heard.