PDA

View Full Version : Factory Touch Up Paint

Tyler
03-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Where can i get touch up paint for my BMW? I haven't come across any sites with any that are at a reasonable price.

1995BostonGreenti
03-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Tyler,

Check this site out, http://www.automotivetouchup.com. I realize it's been a [I]little[I] while since you posted the question, but hey I tried. And I also have a few questions of my own.

Everyone else,

I decided today to paint the gray plastic on my "sideskirts" and on the bottom of my front and rear bumpers myself. The site I mentioned above seems pretty decent as far as tips and pricing goes. My question--specially to those who've done this type of project before, is how much stuff I will need.

I know I will be using the aerosol paint cans since I don't have access to paint guns or a booth or anything like that. I also know that I'll be ordering the plastic adhesion promoter stuff, primer, basecoat, and clearcoat. They all come in 12 oz. cans, and I'm wondering how many of each type I should get.

I guess another inevitable question is if doing this myself is actually a good idea. Spring's coming (hopefully), and I should have a good 3-7 days off sometime soon to tackle this project (even though I know it shouldn't take that long). I'm usually pretty meticulous when it comes to handiwork like this, so I'm fairly confident I would do a pretty good job. But still, I would like to hear your opinions on the matter. Would it be worth the money to get this done professionally? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Danny

roadrash
03-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Instead of painting over the grey stuff, you could scrub it off, there's body-color paint under the grey. I've seen a few "how to" pages on it, a little searching should find that info.