PDA

View Full Version : I must be lucky...

97Hellrot318ti
03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
The latest, and by far the oddest, in a list of freak occurences that have strung together since I bought my car less than a year ago:

It's bike week in Daytona Beach, for those of you who don't know. Last night, I was driving behind a couple of Harleys. One of the riders looked to have some baseball bats sticking out of his backpack. As we slowed down approaching a red light, I moved into the right hand turn lane beside the biker. Fixated, temporarily, on the baseball bat-like objects, I realized as I got closer that they were actually the ends of crutches. As I look down to see the biker's legs, I notice the lack of a right one! No sooner do I begin to comtemplate this phenomenon of the one-legged biker, than his bike begins tips. You see, the road is slightly peaked in the center, and wanes on the sides (as most roads do). This put the one-legged biker (who also seemed intoxicated) in a precarious situation, as he had no right leg to brace with. As the bike tipped, there was nothing to be done but watch him fall. His head hit my car. Does it make me a bad person that I wondered if there was a dent before I wondered if the man was ok? Anyway, I jumped out of the car and asked if he was alright, or if he needed any help, but his friends had it under control. I looked at my car, and it seemed fine upon inspection (the guy had no helmet). I didn't even get the guy's plate number, I was still kind of in shock that he was riding a motorcycle with one leg. Isn't there a brake on the right side? Anyway, luckily the rider seemed ok, and so did my car. Anyone have any thoughts as to the legality of a one-legged biker, or the feasability?

Oh, and in case you were wondering about any of the other freak accident stories about my car here's an abbreviated list of some of the more annoying ones.

1) This occured about a week after I drove my car off the lot. I was driving home at night, and the next morning when I woke up and got in my car, there was a pebble mark on the windshield. I don't remember hearing or seeing a pebble strike it when I was driving the night before.

2) As I drive down I-95 towards FL from NY, in VA someone's car falls apart as he cuts me off to make his exit, and the part that fell out dragged underneath my car (no time OR room to swerve on either side). I stopped at the next gas station, and my front spoiler and splash guard were cracked, and there was a massive dent in my radiator, which was also leaking anti-freeze.

3) In FL, I wake up one morning to head to class, the passenger side trim is peeled up slightly in the front. How did this happen? Who knows. I go to clamp it down (I thought, and it looked like they were clamp-on). No luck...

I live in a fraternity house, which does not have a garage, unfortunately. So I guess I should have expected something like these next two to happen...

4) One weekend, the morning after a moderate-sized party, I look at my car (which I purposely try to keep as far away from the entrance to the house as I can) has an elbow sized dent in the passenger-side quarterpanel. What the f*(@#? Anyway, it was easy enough to suck out... whatever.

5) On my left side quarterpanel, once again, the morning after a party, I notice something that DEFINITELY wasn't there before. I look at the car, and there is a HUGE F(#@)*%@#ING KEY gash in it. And it's not like someone lightly dragged a key on it. It was GROUND into the car. No one has anything against me, as far as I know. I'm a pretty easy going guy, or at least I was, until I saw that key mark. I mean what are you thinking? You leave a party, and say "Oh, there's a nice-looking, shiny car... I think I'll go put a huge [profanity deleted] key-gash into it! Yea! Great idea..." What are you doing with your life? If I ever find you, I'm going to put your hand in a vice, and repeatedly hit it with a sledge-hammer. And then I'll do the same to your other hand. Maybe you'll think twice before you key a car again, oh wait... you won't be able to, because you DON'T HAVE ANY HANDS! HA!

Number 5, 3, and 2 (the spoiler) have yet to be completely repaired. Luckily, at least not upon a brief look, none of them are highly noticable, so my car still looks ok. But as soon as I get home for summer I'm fixing it all. Anyway... that's the end of my rant.

L84THSKY
03-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Good thing he didn't have a helmet, it might have left more damage :rolleyes:

As for riding with one leg, more power to him. If I ever lost a leg, I would modify my bike too. :biggrin: