PDA

View Full Version : Best set up for handling + comfort !?!?

BMWaffectSean
03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
I've pretty much experienced the gamut (koni,tok,bilstien).

What would you guys say is the best set up for MAX comfort(plush ride) plus Great handling?

Discuss.

L84THSKY
03-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I would recommend an inflatable doll with three orifices :mrhappy:

What would you guys say is the best set up for MAX comfort(plush ride) plus Great handling?

Discuss.

bluebastion
03-09-2005, 10:16 PM
......... :no:

barische
03-09-2005, 11:41 PM
man i cant have everything u gotta trade something for somethin else. great handling means rough ride, comfort means less handling. i was in a 318 is wiht h&r race springa dn beistein shocks and ride was awersome super handling, but u know i dotn care about comfort cuz all i want is best performace and handling.

cali-ti
03-09-2005, 11:54 PM
perhaps some of those with dual-adjustable struts and ride-height adjustable spring perches would give you the better (but perhaps not the best) of both worlds. get ready to shell out some green for 'em though.

BMWaffectSean
03-10-2005, 12:25 AM
I just want it to ride like an m5 is that so hard ?? lol.

So you think an adj suspension is the best bet ?

Who would you recommend ?

and l8 .. no need for the inflatable... I still have the Real Doll (http://www.realdoll.com) you let me borrow.

cali-ti
03-10-2005, 12:37 AM
i think it would allow you to adjust it to be more comfortable when you want, and more performance oriented when you want (including ride height). how much it takes to make those adjustments (especially ride height - making sure it's the same on all 4 corners, etc), i don't know. perhaps those with such setups could make comment?

personally, i have bilstein sports with bav auto springs. kinda stiff, but not too bad. front end seems a little "bouncey." perhaps stock springs or stock sport springs (if those work with non-sport models, not sure) with bilstein sports and larger anti-sway bars would be a good kit. i'm waiting on a whole bunch of other stuff (including warm weather dammit!) and then i'm planning to do larger anti-sway bars front and rear (after the rear tabs are strengthened). before that, i'll be putting on the x-brace i received as a christmas gift too :)

BMWaffectSean
03-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Damn.. can;t wait to hear how it all goes. Thanks alot for the adivce.

Hopefully someone can have some good suggestions.

L84THSKY
03-10-2005, 03:09 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Those dolls are hot :)

I may have to get rid of my girlfriend.

And if I let you borrow it, then PLEEEEEEZE return it ASAP :biggrin:

I just want it to ride like an m5 is that so hard ?? lol.

So you think an adj suspension is the best bet ?

Who would you recommend ?

and l8 .. no need for the inflatable... I still have the Real Doll (http://www.realdoll.com) you let me borrow.

96cali
03-11-2005, 12:07 AM

Discuss.

What do you have now? What's your frame of reference?