PDA

View Full Version : Serious advice.

BMWaffectSean
03-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey guys...

So, after looking at every possible config I've gotten lost in trying to decide what's best as far as max hp and longevity for the $$.

Here's the sit:

I have about five k to spend. I'm looking to bump up my hp as much as possible for this money. I've looked @ engine swaps, superchargers, turbos, etc etc. I'm really not sure what route I want to take(best motor to swap with, best supercharger kit, what turbos etc.). I already have susp, brakes, and other mod.'s taken care of.

My Goals:
-MAX reliable HP.
-Something that will run ok on my 90k engine.
-Cost under 5k. (could exceed for the right set-up).

Suggestions please!!!

Thanks !

ZeroG
03-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Hey guys...

So, after looking at every possible config I've gotten lost in trying to decide what's best as far as max hp and longevity for the $$.

Here's the sit:

I have about five k to spend. I'm looking to bump up my hp as much as possible for this money. I've looked @ engine swaps, superchargers, turbos, etc etc. I'm really not sure what route I want to take. I already have susp, brakes, and other mod.'s taken care of.

My Goals:
-MAX reliable HP.
-Something that will run ok on my 90k engine.
-Cost under 5k. (could exceed for the right set-up).

Suggestions please!!!

Thanks !

I think you should go with a DASC. Youl will get a reliable 200 HP at the crank. The key to your statement is reliability, and driveability. With Turbo's especially if you go with a custom set up you are going to run into fueling problems that will only be able to be solved with Piggy Backs, and Stand Alone EMS's.

The DASC usses an AFPR to aju the fuel.

-Chad