PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Noise....

DaNO
03-14-2005, 09:03 AM
So ive notices that on bumpy roads my trunk make a hell of alot of noise. It is a loud thumping sound, i know its the truck because i can wiggle the trunk and itll make the same noise, however, i really have to shake it hard. can anyone let me know if this has happened to them and if it is an esy fix? thanks..dan

gooten1
03-14-2005, 02:30 PM
There's got to be a way to tighten up the latch.

96cali
03-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Mine is squeeking too over uneven terrain mostly (i.e. when the rear gets twisted/torqued). If I cannot tighten the latch I may buck up for new seals. I can see how they might shrink or compress over time. Interested in how this discussion progresses. My radio is on the fritz so I've been listening to my car more. :rolleyes:

gooten1
03-14-2005, 04:47 PM
I have a squeak too, but seems to be coming from the rear suspension. I was the same way when it comes to listening...when I bought the car, it had no radio, so I drove it for the first few months without a radio. Helped me in finding my shift points!

cali-ti
03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
96cali, are you sure it's the hatch and not something else? i have a squeak in the rear i've been trying to figure out where it's coming from. however, i do occasionally get a squeak when opening the hatch. i replaced the hatch struts a bit ago and the squeak on opening has been happening since then. perhaps i need to lube the strut posts. however, i still believe that squeak is different from the other squeak, which can even happen when i just get in/out of the car. since i'll be doing the rear brakes (including parking brakes) before too long, i'll have a better chance to look things over back there.