PDA

View Full Version : Kwiklift?

Andrew_Debbie
03-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Anyone here use a kwiklift?

www.kwiklift.com

I've never felt comfortable getting under a car on jackstands.

aceyx
03-17-2005, 07:29 AM
i use blitz ramps (8000#) under the tires i'm working on and ac jackstands.

sKunkman
03-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Thats a cool idea....but yeah I just use wheel stands. They seem to work as long as you got the parking brake on ;)

Its also a grand for that thing. I could probably get it custom made for less.

Andrew_Debbie
03-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Thats a cool idea....but yeah I just use wheel stands. They seem to work as long as you got the parking brake on ;)

Its also a grand for that thing. I could probably get it custom made for less.

Ramps by themselves can be lethal. A car can roll down the ramp or off the front. I don't like them.

I realized there is one thing I don't like about the kwiklift. There is no safe easy way to use it if the car isn't running.

I think I'm going to get a set of AC stands and use large chunks of lumber as a backup.

aceyx
03-18-2005, 12:49 AM
andrew: when i set up the ramps i place them under the tire after the car is on stands the opposite way the car would roll up on them. the car can roll forward or back, but the frame will eventually hit the plastic which should give me just enough space to squeeze out (i'm a 'lil feller).

you could always use two sets, set up like this: /-- --\ or maybe even both facing inwards. also, chocks are a requirement with ramps (use the metal ones, and a rubber mallet to jam them in there).

some people leave the jack underneath as well, but i generally feel it's overkill already.

are you wary of the stands failing or the surface you're working on not supporting them?