PDA

View Full Version : I stayed neck to neck with a RX7!

yeehawbob
03-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Well I guess since I showed a M3 and a M5 this time I thought I'd try a RX7.

I had just gotten some gas and was going home after work and I see this guy who had the worst looking mods to his RX7 maybe early 90's model year. I mean he had little rap around wings on the front fenders and his exaust sounded like he had a broken exaust pipe.

His possible specs per model year 1990.
Base Number of Cylinders: 2 Base Engine Size: 1.3 liters
Base Engine Type: Rotary Horsepower: 160 hp
Max Horsepower: 7000 rpm Torque: 140 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4000 rpm

My Car specs.

Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 1.9 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 138 hp
Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm Torque: 133 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4300 rpm

Well we were at this trafic light with 3 lanes going towards Great America.
I thought just for kicks lets do it, so I reved up my engine a little and he copied so as the light turned green we gunned out of the light.
Both of us got a good start but to his surprise I kept just a hair ahead of him.
I was changing gears at 6000rpm, but I could hear that he had gone to his 4th when I was still speeding up on my 3rd.

By the time we reached the next traffic light of Mission College Blvd. I was doing 90mph and he was just about by my side. He originally had to go left and I have to go right, but I guess he was either pissed or just amazed, 'cause he crossed 3 lanes of traffic and came after me.
I had by then taken the right turn and was about 5-6 cars ahead in traffic going at speed limit of 35mph but I saw him back there.

I guess he gave up after that and made a U-turn....

The first thing I did this mornig was to look up the specs of a similar model year car and as you can see above he at least had about 20+ more hp than me and my car is bare stock. he must have done some mods to gain more hp by the way his bean rocket looked. ....

All in all I guess a driver won the race this time if I do say so my self...
This time I will "toot my own horn..."

Cheers!!!