PDA

View Full Version : Stalling

jobimmer
03-17-2005, 04:06 AM
My Ti recently keeps on stalling on me, first the rpm bounce from 0-1000rpm and it does this couple of time and the car just putt, putt;plunk on me this only happens when the temp is normal or hot but its fine when its cold. I've just changed the idle air control valve and the Throttle position sensor and still nothing, can anyone tell me why or what. thanks.. :icon_

m44ic
03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
if its a auto get a transmission flush

jobimmer
03-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Nah it manuel

JPerfect
03-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I had this problem back in December when it got really cold.

Check ALL of the hoses Thoroughlly. For me it seemed like everything was in place, but the hose near the intake boot was loose, and air was seeping out. Also make sure nothing is blocking the Airflow. Take the intake apart and make sure no rodents died in there. I have heard of that happening with other cars.

If there is a crack in a hose or anything, some good ol' duct tape can hold it until you can get a new one.

Good Luck

jobimmer
03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
thanks for the tip, but for right all i did is disconnect the Throttle sensor so the car doesn't stall and the CEL is on until i get it checked.

sKunkman
03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah I'd say just check hoses - radiator, intake, cooling stuff since you said it only happens when the car is warm/hot.