PDA

View Full Version : Clutch bogs down?

sKunkman
03-21-2005, 04:14 PM
I have a 97 with 130,000 miles on it, and i was wondering if anyone else has this same issue. It's not so much that my clutch bogs down in low rpms, but my car bounces a bit if I shift too fast, or don't shift smooth enough. It's like the clutch is slipping almost, and takes a second to catch. It happens more often in the cold, but has happened on warm days with my engine and tranny fully heated up.

My question is, could this be my tranny mount, and if so, how/where do I get one and how much to put it in. My friend put one on his 92 camaro z28 and he had no problem with it, so I suppose he could help me if thats the problem.

hmmm..just realized there was a transmission section. This could be considered maintenance too I guess... =)

m44ic
03-21-2005, 08:13 PM
I dont think its a tranny mount, could very well be a slipping clutch, mine went out at about 120k it would slip when it was hot and when I shifted really fast and I finally got tired of it and so thats what I spent my winter vacation doing in my friends cold @ss garage, but it was worth it. anyway do the clutch test, warm the car up completely and do some city driving (stop and start conditions) for about 15 minutes and then go on the highway in fourth gear at about 50mph, push in the clutch, revv it up and dump the clutch with your foot still hard on the gas, and if the rpms come down quickly your clutch is fine and if they stay up and you dont seem to be going anywhere your clutch is bad. well hope this helps

sKunkman
03-22-2005, 05:02 PM
That doesn't seem to be a problem, I actually do like to pop my clutch out when rolling then let it back in and get a little jump. It catches pretty well....and I haven't noticed it bouncing much. If its a nice day outside (50-60+) then it seems to not be a problem. I also don't have 600 bux to buy a new clutch/slave/flywheel.