PDA

View Full Version : Tape deck noise

sKunkman
03-24-2005, 08:09 PM
My tape deck makes a weird noise (I have my ipod plugged in through a tape adapter) usually after a little while of driving (maybe 20+ minutes). I don't think its the tape, because my friend with a 318is, also 97, has the same issue. Its nothin serious, and I hope to replace the head unit soon anyway, but if it can be fixed easily id like to know.

BTW, the sound is sort of a clicking noise, sometimes its really consistent, (3-4 times a second) and sometimes its a bit slower (1 every 5-10 seconds). Weird. It happens in all types of weather, cold, warm, etc, but maybe it has something to do with the temperature. Like i said, its only after it heats up a bit.

aceyx
03-24-2005, 09:00 PM
wait, so it's not the tape adaptor?

does it occur with actual tapes?

sKunkman
03-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Actually I haven't tried it with a real tape, I may do that.

gadgetphreak
03-28-2005, 06:20 AM
I have the same issue when I tried to run my iPod through two different tape adapters (one Sony and one Phillips brand). Exact same behavior. I tried reaching in slightly and applying some pressure on the tape adapter to see if the noise would stop, but it didn't do any good...

I gave up and stopped trying... I am going to order an alpine deck and do it right with the iPod adapter through the Alpine deck...

sKunkman
03-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah actually I plan on doing the same thing. Just need to get my money!