PDA

View Full Version : 373tdi!!!

97Hellrot318ti
03-24-2005, 11:10 PM
So about 4 hours ago I was bored, you see, and I thought about some possible things I could do, to cure the boredom. In my garage, I just so happen to have had an engine from an f350 Turo Diesel lying around. I happen to be an expert mechanic and machinist, and I had all the necessary equipment on hand to fabricate parts, and turn my 318ti into a whopping 373tdi!

I decided, "why not?" And in an hour or three later, I was done. Surprisingly, the engine just fits right in, with absolutely no modification to anything whatsoever. I just basically had to, you know, connect a couple of things, some tab "a" into slot "b" action, that sort of thing. Looks beautiful. About 5 million bhp. 0-60mph in 1 second (I have my own dyno too). Sounds great, works fine. Not even nose-heavy or anything, perfectly balanced.

Now I figured there would be some skeptics and nay sayers out there, so there are pics soon to come that are sure-fire proof of my success. Stay tuned!

97Hellrot318ti
03-24-2005, 11:15 PM
See, I am not a liar! It even fits under the hood, no problem.

EDIT: Oh yea, and I painted it a sort of greenish blueish color... I'm also a professional auto-painter.

bmw///m3///
03-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Damn I was thinking of doing that same swap too. When are you going to start selling those kits. Ive got first dibs.....

I bet your car can pull wheelies while still getting great gas mileage ...what a combination

anybody else going to try this swap???????

97Hellrot318ti
03-25-2005, 12:23 AM
After I complete some final testing and work out a couple of the kinks (there really aren't many), I figure I'll be marketing this kit to the public in late june. And yes, I installed the little wheely bars in the back so the car can't bottom out while I lift the front end off the ground. It's really a sight to see me rolling about with the front end about 25 degrees off the ground. Tons of fun!

Gas mileage- I've been getting about 500 miles to the gallon since the swap... very fuel efficient!

BMWDRIFTER
03-29-2005, 03:34 AM
When i tried this swap I had problems with header clearence problems on the right. can you post a pic or do you have a header available yet. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

AlaskaBlue
03-29-2005, 03:53 AM
Crazy.....

GDB
03-29-2005, 04:19 AM
I've heard that the exhaust kits for an Isetta will fit on both sides and are very cheap to come by and can yield around 150whp. Can you veryify this?

bmw///m3///
03-29-2005, 04:57 AM
I ve got an irkle mobile(isetta) in my backyard although its only 300cc, I think you need they one with the big engine, the 600!!!
the expected hp gain is only 147hp not 150. :rolleyes:

also with that much horsepwer youll need to upgrade the diff. I talked to foltz trans and they said to put this scientific grade lubricates. It makes it 40% stronger so you can pull longer wheelies.... :arrow:

maurolin
03-29-2005, 04:58 AM
I've been analyzing the pics... and the story... and the engine specs, and the engine lines and size scaling in comparison with a 318ti... and I really don't want to sound rude, but the camera got some lines that seem kind of wierd, but I HAVE heard of 357is and wicked swaps like that... so can you be so kind and send us more pics?? SPECIALLY of the fitting of the Motor mounts and clearance of the steering rack! I NEED TO SEE THIS!!!! OHH and also... that "pulley" on the front.... with the teeth around it... what is it for??? does your car have 2 flywheels?? or is the starter on the front of the car? hehehe!

bmw///m3///
03-29-2005, 05:03 AM
I've been analyzing the pics... and the story... and the engine specs, and the engine lines and size scaling in comparison with a 318ti... and I really don't want to sound rude, but the camera got some lines that seem kind of wierd, but I HAVE heard of 357is and wicked swaps like that... so can you be so kind and send us more pics?? SPECIALLY of the fitting of the Motor mounts and clearance of the steering rack! I NEED TO SEE THIS!!!! OHH and also... that "pulley" on the front.... with the teeth around it... what is it for??? does your car have 2 flywheels?? or is the starter on the front of the car? hehehe!

are you on crack???? You shouldnt doubt 97hellrot318ti work , he is like a mechanical professor who will school anyone :flamed:
AND it only took him a day to do the swap, thats how researched and profficient he is. I dont know anyone who is better???? so id rather try this than those popular m3 swaps.:bored:

maurolin
03-29-2005, 05:13 AM
are you on crack???? You shouldnt doubt 97hellrot318ti work , he is almost a mechanical professor who will school anyone :flamed:
AND it only took him a day to do the swap, thats how researched he is and profficient he is. I dont know anyone who is better???? so id rather try this than those doubt m3 swaps.:bored:

no I am not on crack, and no doubt it can be done... never said I was doubting the work, but as I said VERY POLITE, "I am interested on the clearance pictures" and asked questions because It is a very unusual swap!

read my post again please.

bmw///m3///
03-29-2005, 05:14 AM
sorry dont mean to offend , it just looked sooo obvious to me about the clearance issue. Isnt it clear cut in the images??? :no:

maurolin
03-29-2005, 05:22 AM
sorry dont mean to offend , it just looked sooo obvious to me about the clearance issue. Isnt it clear cut in the images??? :no:

no. the images show what appears to be the back of an engine as the big pulley ressembles a flywheel (no belts shown) and with the heighth of the engine seems the clearance on the steering rack would be troubling. the images show great lines and OEM arts such as the brake fluid reservoir is chopped or a bad camera resolution. Let me enhance them for you. hold.

maurolin
03-29-2005, 05:31 AM
http://baybimmers.dtdns.net/marks.jpg

marcus2116
03-29-2005, 05:40 AM
i think i just threw up in my mouth

bluebastion
03-29-2005, 03:17 PM
some of you guys are freak'n hilarious. I'm wondering if Hellrot is still laughing his a$$ off because you guys are serious about his "swap." It's a joke guys...

97Hellrot318ti
03-29-2005, 04:57 PM
some of you guys are freak'n hilarious. I'm wondering if Hellrot is still laughing his a$$ off because you guys are serious about his "swap." It's a joke guys...

Shhh... don't ruin it, man. Some people still believe in Santa!

97Hellrot318ti
03-29-2005, 04:59 PM
When i tried this swap I had problems with header clearence problems on the right. can you post a pic or do you have a header available yet. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Header pics soon to come... I'm having issues with my camera, as Maurolin was kind enough to point out.

robbie-z
03-29-2005, 05:24 PM
so you mean to tell me that santa isn't real??? i think i'm going to cry.

97Hellrot318ti
03-29-2005, 06:54 PM
are you on crack???? You shouldnt doubt 97hellrot318ti work , he is like a mechanical professor who will school anyone :flamed:
AND it only took him a day to do the swap, thats how researched and profficient he is. I dont know anyone who is better???? so id rather try this than those popular m3 swaps.:bored:

Thanks for the high praise :) I am indeed a mechanical genius, and there is no reason to doubt anything I say. Pretty much just accept anything that I say as law.

I would like to see any of those M3 swaps take on my 373tdi... :evil_lau:

maurolin
03-29-2005, 07:53 PM
I am not a genious but I am not in crack. This may show is not that easy to fool me.
But LOL is was a great joke! It DID take me a couple of days to reaserch this, and many other members read the post and were amazed.
HAHAHa it was a good one....

robbie-z
03-30-2005, 05:39 AM
hellrot, since you say, and i quote, "Pretty much just accept anything that I say as law". please tell me that santa is real :)

i think someone should do a 454 swap with a 6.71 blower on it... oh yeah, and a big ole ford 9" rear end.

97Hellrot318ti
03-30-2005, 08:01 AM
hellrot, since you say, and i quote, "Pretty much just accept anything that I say as law". please tell me that santa is real :)

i think someone should do a 454 swap with a 6.71 blower on it... oh yeah, and a big ole ford 9" rear end.

Am I the only one who sees the logical course here? We need to take the ti, chop up the rear-end, and turn it into the pickup truck that BMW never made... lol

Santa is real, however, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny are just people in costumes. Sorry. :ashamed:

How do you say "El Camino" in deustch? haha

edit... "Der Veg?"