PDA

View Full Version : stock airbox and inlet tube (see diagram)

cali-ti
03-30-2005, 02:16 PM
i'm looking for a used 1996 or later airbox and inlet tube (#1 and #3 in the attached pic). i'm hoping someone who's installed a CAI will wish to part with theirs.

i live in between milwaukee and chicago so someone reasonably close would be preferable to keep shipping costs down.

thanks!

schussey
03-30-2005, 04:39 PM
i may have #3, what exactly is #1 pointing to?

-chris

ZeroG
03-30-2005, 04:49 PM
i'm looking for a used 1996 or later airbox and inlet tube (#1 and #3 in the attached pic). i'm hoping someone who's installed a CAI will wish to part with theirs.

i live in between milwaukee and chicago so someone reasonably close would be preferable to keep shipping costs down.

thanks!
If you are interested. Make me an offer. I installed a DASC and none of that stuff is used. I am also in South Cali so maybe we could meet up.

-Chad

Panzer_M
03-30-2005, 06:15 PM
I tossed my #3 cause it's a POS and was flaking apart.

#1 is the airbox as a whole.

you can make a new inlet with metal piping(although it will take up heat badly)

Just Fogg your airbox.

sKunkman
03-30-2005, 08:06 PM
I think thats what he's planning on doing :)

m44ic
03-30-2005, 08:11 PM
I got that part and Im in madison

cali-ti
03-31-2005, 01:01 AM
m44ic, do you have both parts? no one will know my master plan until i have time to work on it (queue evil sinister laugh) :evil_lau:

m44ic and others with these parts, what do you consider a reasonable price for them?

ZeroG, d00d ... i WISH i lived in so cali! i just have the cali top while living in a state where i can only use it three months of the year! doh!

m44ic
03-31-2005, 01:16 AM
m44ic, do you have both parts? no one will know my master plan until i have time to work on it (queue evil sinister laugh) :evil_lau:

m44ic and others with these parts, what do you consider a reasonable price for them?

ZeroG, d00d ... i WISH i lived in so cali! i just have the cali top while living in a state where i can only use it three months of the year! doh!

yeah I got both parts, but i wont give them to you untill you tell me your sinister plan to take over the world, lol

cali-ti
03-31-2005, 01:22 AM
now pinky, we do the same thing every night ...

my bro lives in madison, btw. i could/should be up there this weekend (if my damn rear calipers arrive from bavarian auto recycling in CA in time - don't get me started!). oh ... were you just going to give them to me for free if i tell you my plan? wow, that's incredibly generous! :dance:

seriously though, what'd you want for 'em?

m44ic
03-31-2005, 01:26 AM
now pinky, we do the same thing every night ...

my bro lives in madison, btw. i could/should be up there this weekend (if my damn rear calipers arrive from bavarian auto recycling in CA in time - don't get me started!). oh ... were you just going to give them to me for free if i tell you my plan? wow, that's incredibly generous! :dance:

seriously though, what'd you want for 'em?

I wont be back in madison untill late saterday night, I hate doin chargin but how does $10 sound

cali-ti
03-31-2005, 01:30 AM
i'll give you more than that. i'll surprise you ;)

i'll let you know what's happening later in the week (me being in the mad-city area depends on those damn calipers showing up!). otherwise, it might be the following weekend. do NOT alter your schedule for me (just in case you were thinking of doing it).

my bro lives off the west end of university. what ballpark are you in?

cali-ti
03-31-2005, 01:33 AM
forgot to ask, what year is your car? 95s are different so i'll need 96 or later.

m44ic
03-31-2005, 01:42 AM
forgot to ask, what year is your car? 95s are different so i'll need 96 or later.
your in luck its a 96, Im in monona, by the way my name is ross just incase we meet up you dont have to call me by screen name, I can give you my cell # if you need to get ahold of me while your in town

cali-ti
03-31-2005, 01:47 AM
lol ... my name is eric. we can exchange cellies via private email, i don't want these other crazy bastards calling me! :yikes:

m44ic
03-31-2005, 02:08 AM
lol ... my name is eric. we can exchange cellies via private email, i don't want these other crazy bastards calling me! :yikes:
cool I send you my cell # on the org's private messaging

gooten1
03-31-2005, 03:37 AM
I also have an almost sinister plan for reusing part number....well, the tube. I wonder if cali-ti and I are thinking on the same wavelength...(rather scary thought, that.) We shall see when he reveals all.

cali-ti
03-31-2005, 05:57 AM
:dance: